Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Bronn for the throne for me.  Favourite character in the whole show.

Chooses Missandei for his queen, and his first law is that she has to cut about in the scuddy all the time.

#idealworld

Necklace or no necklace?

Are the army of the dead that hard? Jon Snow and pals battered a whole load of them up north when surrounded. They seem to be quite dumb soldiers who just blunder in to attacks and are easily smashed. There are circa 20k Northmen at Winterfell alone. Why would that not be enough to stop the dead? Remember as well that, in addition to Snow and pals kicking f**k out of a load of the dead and a load of them falling in to the lake when first chasing Snow et al, that Daenerys and her dragons annihilated a load of them too.

Now that she and the Unsullied and the Dothraki have joined the Northmen, what's the big issue here? They still have 2 dragons to the Night King's 1. There are only a handful of White Walkers, whilst the living have a load of heroes and top fighters like Jon, Jaime, Arya, Hound, Brienne, Grey Worm etc, as well as a big new pile of dragon glass.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Are the army of the dead that hard? Jon Snow and pals battered a whole load of them up north when surrounded. They seem to be quite dumb soldiers who just blunder in to attacks and are easily smashed. There are circa 20k Northmen at Winterfell alone. Why would that not be enough to stop the dead? Remember as well that, in addition to Snow and pals kicking f**k out of a load of the dead and a load of them falling in to the lake when first chasing Snow et al, that Daenerys and her dragons annihilated a load of them too.

Now that she and the Unsullied and the Dothraki have joined the Northmen, what's the big issue here? They still have 2 dragons to the Night King's 1. There are only a handful of White Walkers, whilst the living have a load of heroes and top fighters like Jon, Jaime, Arya, Hound, Brienne, Grey Worm etc, as well as a big new pile of dragon glass.

"Emerging from the frozen coastal forest, the ARMY OF THE DEAD comes in force. All of them, 100,000 strong, with hundreds of WHITE WALKER officer corps on their dead horses."

More than "just a couple" white walkers, based on the script for the season finale last time around. They'll also have giants/bears, and the often talked about spiders.

Biggest issue is the fact that anyone who dies in the living army, instantly adds to the numbers on the other side. The Night King showed at Hardhome he can raise them almost instantly.

If you're on about them "battering" the army up North, when Daenarys comes and rescues them, Im sure the entire plan there was for her to come up North so they could target her dragons. The Night King seems to have the same abilities as Bran, and it wouldnt be a shock at all to find hes some other ability/power up his sleeve, we've barely seen anything of him, never mind him actually fighting, so theres no chance we know everything about him.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Currently watching the last episode of the last series.

Seeing Littlefinger's face when he gets called out, then his squirming followed by his realisation that he's been done (son), capped off by his sad pleading, is tremendous.

Edited by DA Baracus

Currently watching the last episode of the last episode.
Seeing Littlefinger's face when he gets called out, then his squirming followed by his realisation that he's been done (son), capped off by his sad pleading, is tremendous.

Littlefinger in that scene is great but the scene itself still annoys me. Of course there’s no way that he could’ve accounted for Bran seeing everything but was everyone else just happy for him to be killed with no evidence backing it up? Or were they all pretty happy to be doing away with a man that essentially couldn’t be trusted.

Still one of the best characters on the show and killing him was the right decision as he had no role to play in the upcoming series.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Littlefinger in that scene is great but the scene itself still annoys me. Of course there’s no way that he could’ve accounted for Bran seeing everything but was everyone else just happy for him to be killed with no evidence backing it up? Or were they all pretty happy to be doing away with a man that essentially couldn’t be trusted.

Still one of the best characters on the show and killing him was the right decision as he had no role to play in the upcoming series.

He was pretty despised by everyone. He threatened Royce in an earlier season and Royce was always suspicious of Littlefinger's manipulation of Robyn, so he was more than happy to see him killed.

Littlefinger was known as a manipulator and had no friends. I don't think it would have been a stretch for folk to believe he played a part in Ned's death.

Plus, despite being from the North (his nickname itself saying as much) he seemed to be viewed very much as a Southerner and a Lannister ally. 

In addition it was on the order of Sansa, who they all seem to like and respect.

Meant to add, I love how utterly perplexed he is in his few interactions with Brann. You can see he just has absolutely no comeback and is completely thrown, especially when Brann quotes 'chaos is a ladder' at him.

Very amusing.

It's taken me almost 2 months but as of a few minutes ago, I've finally watched the whole thing again from the beginning, ready for tomorrow night's kick-off. Some cracking television in there amongst some admittedly turgid stuff. Still, for someone who's never been into fantasy type fiction, hated LOTR, came to GoT rather late and had a rather snobbish attitude to it for a long while; I'm absolutely buzzing for the next round.

My prediction for the Iron Throne: Varys.

Don't know why or how, but there you go.