Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

My prediction for the Iron Throne: Varys.

Hes in the wrong part of the Country to survive. Schemers dont last in the North, and when theres only two sides in a War, and one cant be negotiated with, what power does he hold?

Blasted through the remaining episodes the last few nights, enjoying it even more this time around, a truly astounding piece of television.

I have one minor gripe though...why didn't Wun Wun have a shield? Or a big sword? He would've been unstoppable.

Edited by stevieKTID

32 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Blasted through the remaining episodes the last few nights, enjoying it even more this time around, a truly astounding piece of television.

I have one minor gripe though...why didn't Wun Wun have a shield? Or a big sword? He would've been unstoppable.

Probably thought he didn't need one. 

49 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Wildlings in general are dealing with a lack of resources in the weaponary department. You'll notice they mainly use bows, spears and knives. Then in terms of protection it's all leather and furs, and you don't really see any of them using shields.

They don't really have smiths or supplies to work steel into swords and it's more of a book point but they tend to scavenge the good stuff from their dead enemies. Even if they could make a sword for a giant they'd probably prefer using the steel for 10 swords or x amount of arrow heads/spear points.

I guess any wooden weapon you could of given him wouldn't have been much of an advantage and maybe restricted his mobility.

Varys will die.

Something tells me he’ll die saving Tyrion.
I'm intrigued to see how Vary's reacts to the news that Baelish is dead.

He hated Baelish. He was one of the few people that knew him for what he really was.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes in the wrong part of the Country to survive. Schemers dont last in the North, and when theres only two sides in a War, and one cant be negotiated with, what power does he hold?

Part of the reason why I think he'll be the one at there at the end.

I'm not claiming there's much logic or reasoning behind my opinion, other than that of the remaining major players, he's the one who 'seems' least likely to end up with the throne. But I keep thinking back to the scene many episodes ago when Baelish asked him what he wanted and he glanced meaningfully at the throne. Plus, he's cleverer than the rest of them so...

We'll find out soon enough.

19 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Oh well. Need to hide this thread and several Facebook pages for the next n months until DVD issue.
Any ideas when that'll be?

Theres absolutely no chance you'll avoid spoilers until the DVD is released.

They'll be talking about the final episode on the news.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I've managed it thus far but I suppose it will be harder this time.
Still, I'll try.

Fair enough, and good luck.

Season 7 DVD seemed to be released around 4 months after the show had ended. No idea if they intend on doing similar.

8 hours ago, Elixir said:

Varys will die.

As the show did not go with the "Young Griff" story line Varys has had little point  since Tyrion reached Myreen other than as someone for Tyrion to be witty with.

The show was at its peak when him and Baelish were at each others throats in Kings Landing. 

My money is on Sansa winning out, It would be the GRRM thing to do, have someone who has been mostly surviving rather than striving for the Throne end up on it and I keep thinking part of her character was based on the young Elizabeth Tudor went from being down the line of succession to be the famed queen. And also kind of fits the way he riffs history, the Tudors emerged from the messy Wars of the Roses (that Game of thrones takes a lot of inspiration from) as the unlikely house to rule England. 

Mystic Meg level reasoning perhaps but worth getting it down in case it pans out.