Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Dothraki got absolutely pummelled in that, horse backed cannon fodder.

MVP  to Melisandre for brightning things   up a bit when she got there.

Not sure how I feel about Arya being the one to kill the NK, makes Jon seem a bit redundant now. What is he going to do now, just be Dany's bit on the side and follow her about.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Dothraki got absolutely pummelled in that, horse backed cannon fodder.

MVP  to Melisandre for brightning things   up a bit when she got there.

Not sure how I feel about Arya being the one to kill the NK, makes Jon seem a bit redundant now. What is he going to do now, just be Dany's bit on the side and follow her about.

If Beric was brought back from the dead for a reason, then you'd have to think Jon has been too. 

In the crypt, when Sansa and Tyrion were hiding and having their moment, genuinely thought she was going to off herself when she took out the blade.

9 minutes ago, Sooky said:

In the crypt, when Sansa and Tyrion were hiding and having their moment, genuinely thought she was going to off herself when she took out the blade.

Aye I thought it was some kind of suicide pact thing going on.

Hope she ends up pumping him.

Edited by Yoshi-91

41 minutes ago, Kyle said:

If Beric was brought back from the dead for a reason, then you'd have to think Jon has been too. 

Beric brought back to save Arya so she could kill the NK. Jon brought back to save Arya so she could kill  Cersei.

Ayra confirmed one true Queen of Westeros.

14 minutes ago, Sooky said:

As President of the Sansa fan club, that would have absolutely devastated me. I thought the same thing for a moment too, a bit of a suicide pact between her and Tyrion. I can see him picking Sansa over Dany in a similar manner to Theon.

I've just realised I'm saying pretty much the exact thing as Yoshi a couple of posts up. Apologies sir.

Anyone else get goosebumps when the dothraki charged forward. 

Yip. Especially when the shape turned into a arrowhead.

However the geek in me thought it was a total tactical waste of a strong resource. Should have kept the Dothraki to the flanks.

Posted before about how the white walkers wouldn't have as much of an advantage due to the superior skills and tactics of the allies. Fucking wrong. 

They started off the battle in open ground, out of reach of there own archers, siege equipment in front of them so it was the first thing they lost, with the cavalry in front of them. 

To start the battle they sent the Dothraki in, with absolutely no support of any kind without knowing exactly where the enemy was and with no back up plan, the last time a cavalry charge was that fucking stupid Alfred Tennyson wrote a poem about it. 

Due to them having the vast majority of there forces so forward of the wall they then lost there supposed best fighters with the retreat. 

For the retreat because they lost so many fighters they weren't able to defend the walls properly. 

And how long did it take John and Danny to start lighting them up?!? 

The best battle commanders in westeros were meant to be in that castle and it was one cock up after another. 

If the good guys had all been outfitted with miner's helmets with wee lights on, it would've made things a bit easier I suspect. Or maybe some stadium style floodlights around the killing field. Plus, it would have helped us follow what was going on. Westeros' electricians let the side down.

I thought the episode was decent but underwhelming. It certainly wasn't the "perfect tv" some are claiming.

My biggest problem with it is that The Night King is a terrible villain in a programme which has given us characters like Ramsey and Joffrey. With seven years of build up to toss moment it all felt a bit flat.

There are some nits to be picked and there were also good elements of the episode but in general I think it fell a bit flat.

The next three episodes should be a lot better.

13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
18 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:
Still on season 1, spoiler tags please

f**k off cretin.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

How’s about naw?

f**k off

If you put spoiler in square brackets before your post and the spoiler in square brackets with a forward slash before the word spoiler then anything in the post will be hidden unless you press on it which people like me who are still to watch recent episodes won't do