Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

So why do so many Northerns accept Sansa? Why did the Knights of the Vale follow her to win the Battle of the b*****ds? Why is she so widely accepted as the Lady of Winterfell?
Why was Yara about to become Queen of the Iron Islands before Euron showed up?
What's all that got to do with anything? Nobody is supposed to know who killed them all. "no one" you may say. Got f**k all to do with Sansa.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

She said 'every Frey of note' or something similar.

He did and I was sure I saw an interview where one of the showrunners said the house was extinct but I can't find it. Gameofthrones.com makes it seem she killed all the men. Unless Edmure and his wife makes an appearance I'd be surprised it will be the last we see of the family at all.

I took the of note line to mean she meant the women weren't of note and that was why none of them were given wine as well etc.

Screenshot_20190501-205755.jpg

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
So why do so many Northerns accept Sansa? Why did the Knights of the Vale follow her to win the Battle of the b*****ds? Why is she so widely accepted as the Lady of Winterfell?
Why was Yara about to become Queen of the Iron Islands before Euron showed up?

What's all that got to do with anything? Nobody is supposed to know who killed them all. "no one" you may say. Got f**k all to do with Sansa.

You said only the male lineage matters. I'm pointing out examples that show differently. I'm directly addressing your point. In what way was what I said difficult to understand in the context of your point? 

I'm talking in the meaning that there won't be any more Freys. b*****ds will all be Rivers (Sand!) I think. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. The women won't keep their Frey name, they'll be married or as I've said, the kids will be b*****ds.

No, it's not a difficult concept to grasp, but I've pointed out that if there are any women Freys alive then it doesn't necessarily mean their line is over, as per the examples I gave.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:
1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:
Anyway, this remains the best scene in GoT, from one of the best episodes (top 5);
5cca05f365bd0_giphy(1).gif.9b88a3b7b66fd2b25aa6035f9f7d505d.gif

There's your argument blown up in wildfire.

What argument? That this scene isn't the best?

8 hours ago, Eric said:

Could be, that didn't cross my mind I just assumed she jumped out of the tree as she appeared to come from above and Bran was sitting right under the tree.  Hopefully we find out a bit more in the next episode.

I was just joking saying that but at the same time her abilities have been magical at times. Eg while being an assassin for and training with the faceless squad so not too nuts to think she could do it.

22 hours ago, Raise High The Roof Beams said:

The overall drop in the quality of the writing and its capacities for story telling seems to be down to the fact that D&D are clearly not nearly as talented GRRM at this.

Was absolutely not surprised to see one half of the duo was to blame for that absolutely abhorrent Wolverine Origins film and they had been collaborating with Rian Johnson on The Lat Jedi - can perhaps explain the attempt to subvert expectations by purely veering down a  shoddily arranged path and repackaging this as being as "unpredictable" much like the events of the Red Wedding. I by no means have any issues with Arya being chosen for this role but most certainly take issue with how it and much of the events of the entire series since Mountain versus The Viper have flown against the conventions of the world with GRRM sought to behold.

Wish I was far more fluent in the books themselves to explain this properly but I'm sure a lot of folk on the internet will be far more properly equipped than me to explain this.

Saw this on reddit which sums up pretty well the point you're making:

The choices to dumb down the dialog, simplify the characters, and reduce the show to spectacle and one liners were intentional.

The show hit its stride with viewership once the spectacle ramped up. People still talk about Season 1 like it's not a masterclass in storytelling. Why? Too much talking. Too many complex ideas. Boring.

What are the episodes in the early seasons that got people talking? Ned Stark's execution. The Red Wedding. The Mountain vs the Viper. Any scene with the dragons.

What scenes made the viewers upset? Killing main characters. Or, really, anything remotely bad happening to main characters. Remember when Sansa gets raped by Ramsay Bolton? How big of an uproar that caused? We're what, five seasons into a show where horrible things have happened to generally good people, and the line those people drew was that Sansa "didn't deserve it." Because yes, folks, we're watching a show where everyone gets the things they deserve, lol

The Ds figured out the beats that the casual viewer wants to see, and they have them on Repeat. Battle of the b*****ds and Beyond the Wall have identical story structure. Minor but recognizable character is killed to raise the stakes. Good Guys in a battle against Unwinnable Odds. All is Lost! Improbable Ally travels impossible distances to arrive Just in Time to Save the Day! Fan service denouement. Yep. Game of Thrones wrote the same episode, two years in a row, and the vast majority of viewers never noticed.

That shit doesn't happen by accident. It's like watching Entourage for more than 2 or 3 seasons. Just took a while for people to realize the only thing they were waiting for was for Ari to yell at somebody and that the rest of the show was the same five or six ideas being repeated over and over. And titties.

It's not "fan fiction." This is carefully crafted trash TV, aimed at the baser concepts that appeal to the widest possible audience. The show has no balls anymore. No desire to challenge the audience, or craft even a coherent story. Two Ds, zero balls.

We always build a show up then knock it down. Initial reactions from that episode on here was OMFG. It's great entertainment, we will all be watching next week.

13 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

The choices to dumb down the dialog, simplify the characters, and reduce the show to spectacle and one liners were intentional.

The show hit its stride with viewership once the spectacle ramped up. People still talk about Season 1 like it's not a masterclass in storytelling. Why? Too much talking. Too many complex ideas. Boring.

What are the episodes in the early seasons that got people talking? Ned Stark's execution. The Red Wedding. The Mountain vs the Viper. Any scene with the dragons.

What scenes made the viewers upset? Killing main characters. Or, really, anything remotely bad happening to main characters. Remember when Sansa gets raped by Ramsay Bolton? How big of an uproar that caused? We're what, five seasons into a show where horrible things have happened to generally good people, and the line those people drew was that Sansa "didn't deserve it." Because yes, folks, we're watching a show where everyone gets the things they deserve, lol

The Ds figured out the beats that the casual viewer wants to see, and they have them on Repeat. Battle of the b*****ds and Beyond the Wall have identical story structure. Minor but recognizable character is killed to raise the stakes. Good Guys in a battle against Unwinnable Odds. All is Lost! Improbable Ally travels impossible distances to arrive Just in Time to Save the Day! Fan service denouement. Yep. Game of Thrones wrote the same episode, two years in a row, and the vast majority of viewers never noticed.

That shit doesn't happen by accident. It's like watching Entourage for more than 2 or 3 seasons. Just took a while for people to realize the only thing they were waiting for was for Ari to yell at somebody and that the rest of the show was the same five or six ideas being repeated over and over. And titties.

It's not "fan fiction." This is carefully crafted trash TV, aimed at the baser concepts that appeal to the widest possible audience. The show has no balls anymore. No desire to challenge the audience, or craft even a coherent story. Two Ds, zero balls.

That would be all well and good if viewer numbers didn't increase after Ned Stark got killed, Robb Stark got killed and Sansa Stark got raped. 

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Load of absolute shite. Laughable in fact, a sneering arrogant load of dribble that buries any salient points beneath an attempt to belittle the show and its audience. 

No one says Season 1 is boring.

Take the aforementioned episode Blackwater:

Minor but recognizable character is killed to raise the stakes. Good Guys in a battle against Unwinnable Odds. All is Lost! Improbable Ally travels impossible distances to arrive Just in Time to Save the Day!

All of that happens in Blackwater. Matthos dies. Ser Mandon dies. The Tyrion led royal army are about to be defeated when Tywin rides in with the Lannister and Highgarden armies, despite being far away previously.

All of that also happens during the battle at Castle Black. Grenn and Pip die. Stannis arrives later to smash up the Wildling army before they assault the Wall and Castle Black again.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Load of absolute shite. Laughable in fact, a sneering arrogant load of dribble that buries any salient points beneath an attempt to belittle the show and its audience

Bit rich coming from you is it not?

31 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Heads gone from the reddit lad imo.