Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

23 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

One thing that I've never worked out is why Qyburn is so loyal to Cersei. The Mountain and friends nearly killed him back at Harrenhall (presumably on the orders of Tywin).

Can't remember what his story arc was in the books but he's gone from a disgrace who got kicked out of the Citadel to being Grand Maester and Master of Whispers in King's Landing.  Qyburn currently enjoys more power under Cersei - who's on the bevvy half the time - than just about anyone else has ever had outside of the royal line. 

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...because she absolutely hated Robert and didn't want to raise one of his kids to be the future king but preferred to have one of Jaime's succeed him instead as eventually happened. Not typically maternal behaviour but she is clearly completely deranged.  

Why let him impregnate her in the first place? She talked in one episode about regularly 'finishing him off in other ways' whenever he stumbled through to their bedroom, absolutely shit faced.

Why not terminate the pregnancy?

Why not kill the child when it was born?

Why not sell it to some cunto across the Narrow Sea?

Plus folk knew he was Robert's b*****d anyway, meaning they would have known if he was a baby who's death Cersei inexplicably faked. Given all the spies in King's Landing, there's simply no way that could have been faked.

There's too much against the theory, plus it's completely pointless now that Danaerys legitimised Gendry, now a firm ally and friend of the North, in front of loads of folk.

Edited by DA Baracus

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why let him impregnate her in the first place? She talked in one episode about regularly 'finishing him off in other ways' whenever he stumbled through to their bedroom, absolutely shit faced.

Why not terminate the pregnancy?

Why not kill the child when it was born?

Why not sell it to some cunto across the Narrow Sea?

There's too much against the theory, plus it's completely pointless now that Danaerys legitimised Gendry, now a firm ally and friend of the North, in front of loads of folk.

On the first part apparently and I forget if it was the show or the book she was initially reasonably OK with the marriage until Robert called her Lyanna while shagging her one night or something like that. In the book I think she did talk about aborting the pregnancy at one point to make sure she didn't have a kid by Robert and the chat with Catelyn was a show only thing? Think the argument would be that she had enough of a maternal instinct that she couldn't quite bring herself to kill the kid. Not saying that's necessarily going to be revealed, but was basically just mentioning that some reasonably strong hints were left to suggest that it might be the case. Could just be a complete red herring. We'll find out soon enough at least where the show is concerned.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Can't remember what his story arc was in the books but he's gone from a disgrace who got kicked out of the Citadel to being Grand Maester and Master of Whispers in King's Landing.  Qyburn currently enjoys more power under Cersei - who's on the bevvy half the time - than just about anyone else has ever had outside of the royal line. 

Also, IIRC in the books he liked to perform vivisection experiments on humans (which got him banished from the citadel), and Cersei basically let him crack on and chop up whoever he fancied.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

6 hours ago, Tommy Nooka said:

I enjoyed that scene but it definitely felt like Varys signing off on his own execution (by dragon) next week.

He was a little too quick to ditch Dany and jump aboard the Jon train when he found out who he was, so I'd say yeah, he's toast. At least Tyrion stuck with her, although if she goes on a rampage in KL I can see him ditching her too.

“While Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet and Euron’s forces, they certainly haven’t forgotten about her,”
That's  Benioff's explanation for how Euron was able to sneak up on Dany. That's right, she fucking forgot about them. And some say this show hasn't gone to shit.
That's a fucking daft explanation.

I thought it would be case of Dany was aware of the fleet but over confident. She destroyed fleets in the past without much danger to the dragons and didn't see the scorpions until they were within range and it was too late.

Its just a pity that they are racing through this last season. If the plot was unfolding the same but over a number of seasons then the build up would be much better.

11 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

I thought it would be case of Dany was aware of the fleet but over confident. She destroyed fleets in the past without much danger to the dragons and didn't see the scorpions until they were within range and it was too late.

That’s pretty much exactly how I took it. People are taking the off hand remark in a making of documentary and are applying it far too literally. 

She’s over-confident, has no idea of the new weapons created for the fleet and they’re nowhere near their last reported position. It certainly could have been done far better in the show but taking it literally as her forgetting about the fleet is dumb.

Edited by Rodhull

11 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

That's a fucking daft explanation.

Its just a pity that they are racing through this last season. If the plot was unfolding the same but over a number of seasons then the build up would be much better.

That's my biggest grip  over the last couple seasons, the showrunners shortening the episode count just  leads to taking shortcuts. Seems like they're desperate to get away to their Star Wars jobs.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, this Euron stuff is being massively overplayed. Seems like one person has misinterpreted it and others have just repeated it. 

Can someone point out to me where in the trailer he is 'shitting it'?

He's staring up at the sky and his facial expression definitely changes to one of fear. 

He's staring up at the sky and his facial expression definitely changes to one of fear. 

It’s hard to tell because he’s a pretty ropey actor, but he’s clearly looking up at the sky, and there is only one thing that’s going to be up there.

58 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

:lol:

It doesn't really.

It's clearly intended too, otherwise they're just showing a clip of him staring at the sky.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's clearly intended too, otherwise they're just showing a clip of him staring at the sky.

It's him having a look of concern, not shitting himself.

He said himself that he's been around the world and seen things, and only the dead scared him.

We've seen him fire in to battle laughing and make smart arse comments to folk who have killed others for less.

A minor point though. He's seen something that has made him think twice.

:lol:
It doesn't really.

Aye, it does. He’s looking up at the sky and his facial expression clearly changes as if he’s clocked something, it appears you think they’ve just showed you a clip for next week of him simply looking at the clouds.