Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

12 hours ago, Lofarl said:

cup.png

Even GOT has succumbed to fucking product placement it would seem.

A much better episode this week, partly because Peter Dinklage was more prominent than he's been for a while.

Loved the Saudi Arabian style beheading of Missandei too by the Mountain although according to my missis I wasn't supposed to laugh at it. Or at the Dragon getting killed.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Dorne

...and the army from the north probably swelled a bit in numbers from the Vale and Riverlands as its implied the path to King's Landing could be crossed easily meaning most of the way was held by local forces that are anti-Cersei at this point. Presumably the column from the north had showed up by the time they had the parley at the end of the episode or why would the Golden Company not have made short work of the small force that was on the screen? I guess Dragonstone must also still have been quite heavily garrisoned or the naval engagement with Euron would have been the end for Dany's smaller force given the Ironborn can also raid on land Viking style.

43 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...and the army from the north probably swelled a bit in numbers from the Vale and Riverlands as its implied the path to King's Landing could be crossed easily meaning most of the way was held by local forces that are anti-Cersei at this point. Presumably the column from the north had showed up by the time they had the parley at the end of the episode or why would the Golden Company not have made short work of the small force that was on the screen? I guess Dragonstone must also still have been quite heavily garrisoned or the naval engagement with Euron would have been the end for Dany's smaller force given the Ironborn can also raid on land Viking style.

Cersei is trying to goad Danaerys in to killing innocents. She'll keep her forces inside King's Landing, and behind the civilians, for as long as she can.

Back to Bronn and what he said about all the great Houses starting with fuckers who just killed a lot of fuckers (I may have paraphrased that). Is this a hint to how it ends?

Tormund then.

Tormund should be shot for deserting. 

Maybe that's what Ghost has been tasked with?

Give the guy a break. He's just lost the love of his life to a one handed pretty boy.

4 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Also, how long did it take Sansa to break her oath to Jon? After saying she doesn't trust Danny?

Hated her since the start, just when i was starting to come round to her she does that.

"Swear you won't tell anyone!"

"I swear"

*Tells literally the first person she talks to*

Thought this week's episode was rushed and poor. Sansa's a wee w**k as well. Jealous of Dany. I love Jaime he's a class character but he took Tormund's girl away pure shagged and bagged her whereas Tormund wanted to make giant babies with her. sad.

I love Jaime he's a class character but he took Tormund's girl away pure shagged and bagged her whereas Tormund wanted to make giant babies with her. sad.

If you thought it was going to be a happy ending you hadn't been paying attention.

18 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

"Swear you won't tell anyone!"

"I swear"

*Tells literally the first person she talks to*

Think that echoes how naive and foolish Ned Stark was in season one so he is probably doomed, while Sansa is becoming like Catelyn and is unlikely to do well, because like Catelyn she isn't the sharpest tool in the box and is hence likely to lose the game. Neither of them have really learned anything from the mistakes of the generation before them.

Danerys is clearly on the verge of going full Mad Queen like Cersei, so maybe Gendry will emerge as the alternative man of the people to prop up a Glorious Revolution sort of scenario that ushers in a more democratic age with Tyrion pulling the strings having offed whoever remains standing of Cersei and Danerys at the end of Episode 5.

That kills off a lot of sequel and feature film possibilities, so hopefully they don't do a Sopranos ending on us that implies a probable outcome like that without confirming it and leaves many key plot points open ended and ambiguous to be picked up again later.

39 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Also, how long did it take Sansa to break her oath to Jon? After saying she doesn't trust Danny?

Hated her since the start, just when i was starting to come round to her she does that.

She saw what being honourable did to the stupid men of her family. 

f**k oaths and honour there's a war on.

Think that echoes how naive and foolish Ned Stark was in season one so he is probably doomed, while Sansa is becoming like Catelyn and is unlikely to do well, because like Catelyn she isn't the sharpest tool in the box and is hence likely to lose the game. Neither of them have really learned anything from the mistakes of the generation before them.
Danerys is clearly on the verge of going full Mad Queen like Cersei, so maybe Gendry will emerge as the alternative man of the people to prop up a Glorious Revolution sort of scenario that ushers in a more democratic age with Tyrion pulling the strings having offed whoever remains standing of Cersei and Danerys at the end of Episode 5.
That kills off a lot of sequel and feature film possibilities, so hopefully they don't do a Sopranos ending on us that implies a probable outcome like that without confirming it and leaves many key plot points open ended and ambiguous to be picked up again later.
Maybe she isn't naive and foolish. As far as scheming goes she learned from the best, LF & Cersei, so it's maybe part of her plan. Although telling Tyrion about Jon kinda sets him up with a target on his back.