Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

A lot of them seem "proud" of "the bhoys" on my feed.

How you can be proud of a group of overpaid men, who's only tenuous link to you is that the play for the football club you choose to support, i don't know.

Feeling gutted is acceptable. Being 'proud' is not.

I was on the Tayside Police Facebook page. Fucking. Hell.

They're on about some boy who escaped from prison in England whilst on day release.

My favourite quote has to be the one where the woman says that her boyfriend was jailed for 3 years for "defending himself from attack". Aye, that's definitely what happened. :rolleyes:

simpletons.png

morons.png

oh.png

I was on the Tayside Police Facebook page. Fucking. Hell.

They're on about some boy who escaped from prison in England whilst on day release.

My favourite quote has to be the one where the woman says that her boyfriend was jailed for 3 years for "defending himself from attack". Aye, that's definitely what happened. :rolleyes:

In among all that complete drivel was this gem, 'just us bill'. Christ! laugh.gif

Finally decided I can't stand the term 'huni', as used by many vacuous burds on FB and elsewhere. Really rips ma knittin'.

I accepted a friend request from a bloke I work with, the very first comment I saw him make was on a burd's status and he used 'huni', so I immediately defriended him again.

Just a personal view.

Just had a lassie post a picture of her and her pals in there halloween outfits for tomorrow. Not one of the four of them were slutty, all dressed up in proper halloween gear. My comment of "go hoe or go home" has rendured me unfriended :lol:

Someone was talking about their 5 year old daughter being ill and wondering what it was. I was sorely tempted to say aids, but her brother and dad also post on their, and her dad lives round the corner from me. Actually her brother would probably laugh as he's one of my best mates, but I wasn't taking the risk.

"What time is it?"

Seriously do not understand how many people struggle with the, rather simple, biannual event of adjusting time pieces by one hour. This is even more bewildering when said persons are posting from their phone, which has most likely updated itself.

Finally decided I can't stand the term 'huni', as used by many vacuous burds on FB and elsewhere. Really rips ma knittin'.

I accepted a friend request from a bloke I work with, the very first comment I saw him make was on a burd's status and he used 'huni', so I immediately defriended him again.

Just a personal view.

Your workmate is a bumder.

"What time is it?"

Seriously do not understand how many people struggle with the, rather simple, biannual event of adjusting time pieces by one hour. This is even more bewildering when said persons are posting from their phone, which has most likely updated itself.

They also have access to the internet and can quite quickly Google the time if they are genuinely unsure. That one falls into the category of people who ask questions on Facebook for the sake of using Facebook when in fact the answer could be found within seconds if they used a tiny fraction of their brain and checked the internet. The problem with that for a lot of people is that it doesn't allow them to share what's going on in their life with everyone else.

They also have access to the internet and can quite quickly Google the time if they are genuinely unsure. That one falls into the category of people who ask questions on Facebook for the sake of using Facebook when in fact the answer could be found within seconds if they used a tiny fraction of their brain and checked the internet. The problem with that for a lot of people is that it doesn't allow them to share what's going on in their life with everyone else.

Prime example:

"Wats teh numba for nhs 24¿"

A few people on my Facebook have shared a picture asking for "lyks" to save the last black lion in the world. The unfortunate thing is no black lion ever existed in the first place! There is far too much pish posted on Facebook these days.

Nothing has topped the picture of an ill child, with a quote saying "If this picture gets 20 shares this young girl will get a free heart transplant." Tens of thousands of users shared, commented or liked the picture. Some folk are so idiotic.

Loved this!Anyone age approx 35 or over should read this - copied from a friend ... Checking out at the supermarket recently, the young cashier suggested I should bring my own bags because plastic bags weren't good for the environment. I apologized and explained, "We didn't have this green thing back in my earlier days". the clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations". She was right about one thing--our generation didn't have the green thing in "Our" day. So what did we have back then?After some reflection and soul-searching on "Our" day here's what I remembered we did have.... Back then, we returned milk bottles, pop bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles repeatedly. So they really were recycled. But we didn't have the green thing back in our day. We walked up stairs, because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks. But she was right. We didn't have the green thing in our day. Back then, we washed the baby's nappies because we didn't have the throw-away kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy gobbling machine burning up 240 volts -- wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing. But that young lady is right. We didn't have the green thing back in our day. Back then, we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the country of Wales. In the kitchen, we blended & stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn petrol just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power. We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity. But she's right. We didn't have the green thing back then. We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull. But we didn't have the green thing back then. Back then, people took the bus, and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their mums into a 24-hour taxi service. We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 2,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest pizza joint. But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we older folks were just because we didn't have the green thing back then?Please post this on your Facebook profile so another selfish old person who needs a lesson in conservation from a smarty-pants young person can read this!!

:rolleyes:

1. Is it just my generation that paragraph then?

2. Does the original author of this think these things, especially the ones I've put in bold, don't still happen?!

Holy mother of f**klaugh.gif

That one falls into the category of people who ask questions on Facebook for the sake of using Facebook when in fact the answer could be found within seconds if they used a tiny fraction of their brain and checked the internet.

See also: the Quick Question Thread on this very site.

I've lost track of the number of people who have asked a question and waited hours for an answer, when if they had just typed in the exact same words into Google they'd have their answer in seconds.

See also: the Quick Question Thread on this very site.

I've lost track of the number of people who have asked a question and waited hours for an answer, when if they had just typed in the exact same words into Google they'd have their answer in seconds.

I think I've mentioned this on this very thread before, but there is one lassie on mine who always does this -

'What time does the chemists open?'

Where about is the dentists?'

To which I always reply -

'Try the internet. You know, the thing you're already on?'

There's a couple of things pissing me off on Facebook just now.

A young girl from my area tragically took her own life yesterday and al the neds have jumped on the bandwagon with their inane 'GBNF' and 'god only takes the best' comments and suchlike. Where do you even start with these shitwits?

Idiotic Celtic 'fans' are getting earlier every year with their 'no bloostained poppies on our hoops' type nonsense.