Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

14 hours ago, smpar said:

07961b85248e920466f1853128e286bc.jpg

You'd think these p***ks were being asked to serve 6 months in Afghanistan.

Apologies if this has been posted already.

I was in a call centre this time last year.  We closed one day a year for Christmas, boxing day fell on my day off.   So back to work on Sunday 27th at 6am. 

Rather than seek some likes to make it all better I just handed in my notice :thumsup2

28 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

b71bf9d9cd281c763ae4b6fb9bc0a67f.jpg

As I've posted before a very high proportion of my FB friends are ex-forces so my feed is absolutely chock-a-block full of shit like the above ... it drives me nuts but I do like the odd old photo that pops up so I kinda have to put up with it. In general my ex-forces friends are utter arseholes who think the World owes them something.

On top of that with us being ex-Navy we basically just got totally rat-arsed in various ports around the World yet a few of them keep posting stuff linked to ground forces fighting in foreign wars in what I believe is deluded yet genuine attempt to link themselves to actual real war vets as opposed to folk who sat in a large metal box in the Med while it was all kicking off.

And ... one of my friends is still desperately trying to post something that justifies his Brexit vote - he keeps stating that he's not racist in amongst sharing lots if "fake" news pro-Brexit, absolutely racist stuff.

TBF they're nowhere near enough as annoying as the screeds of shitty FB memes about squaddies, fucking poppies/FIFA and Marine A. 

Thankfully I've only seen one meme posted up about Marine A so far (which I would assume is some Britain First-type clickbait due to the 'patriotic' name), and surprisingly few folk ranting about FIFA.

Funnily enough, most of the "sport are troops" types on my friend list seem to be of a "send 'em back" mentality. How odd.

Did you know there's an "Official Find Madeline Campaign" Facebook page? I do because someone has just posted a link to it with the following plea from Saints Kate & Gerry.

Christmas 2016
This Christmas marks our tenth without Madeleine. There are no words really. Suffice to say, we will try and make it as happy a family occasion as possible despite being inevitably tinged with pain and longing. The year ahead too is one which we never could have believed or contemplated we would have to face.
Thank you so much to everyone who hasn’t forgotten about Madeleine, for all of your help and continued prayers. The support we continue to have from so many people, friends and strangers, will we’re sure, keep us strong and afloat during the difficult months to come.
Somebody knows. We just hope they find the courage and compassion to let us know too.
We hope your Christmas is a happy one and that 2017 brings hope, joy and peace.
Kate & Gerry

Makes you want to stick your fingers down your throat.