Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

Aye, line up and execute a bunch of folk in front of their children for letting the kids ride on a horse on a 'fun day' at Loch Ore Meadows.
That's normal as f**k.

Lady on the horse didn’t appear to be having enough fun. I’d sack her.

3 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Aye, line up and execute a bunch of folk in front of their children for letting the kids ride on a horse on a 'fun day' at Loch Ore Meadows.

That's normal as f**k.

One of my most shameful memories was at an inter-school orienteering day at Loch Ore (I was still at school, don't worry). 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

One of my most shameful memories was at an inter-school orienteering day at Loch Ore (I was still at school, don't worry). 

I did one of those as well. Must have been around 1996. Loved it. Dissapointingly, I don't think I did anything particulalry shameful.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

I did one of those as well. Must have been around 1996. Loved it. Dissapointingly, I don't think I did anything particulalry shameful.

Ours must have been in about 1989. Unlike other orienteering events we'd attended you didn't have to stamp or punch the ticket in the relevant spot. Instead you just had to jot down the image shown at the marker point. We realised we could save a huge amount of time by watching the other participants, finding a quiet spot to jump them then use strong arm tactics to get the answers. We bagged second place for our school IIRC. 

12 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Ours must have been in about 1989. Unlike other orienteering events we'd attended you didn't have to stamp or punch the ticket in the relevant spot. Instead you just had to jot down the image shown at the marker point. We realised we could save a huge amount of time by watching the other participants, finding a quiet spot to jump them then use strong arm tactics to get the answers. We bagged second place for our school IIRC. 

Think this should be a legitimate orienteering tactic tbf. That's a sport people would watch.

Edit. Actually remembered a reasonably shameful school oreineteering story. We were at Ardroy and they gave us all markers to place in certain locations. Mines was down beside a hut by the loch so being a sneaky wee b*****d I just hid it underneath some stones. Most folk never found it and those that did took so long that I won quite easily.

The other chumps in my class put theirs in plain view.

Edited by Gordon EF

6 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Think this should be a legitimate orienteering tactic tbf. That's a sport people would watch.

Edit. Actually remembered a reasonably shameful school oreineteering story. We were at Ardroy and they gave us all markers to place in certain locations. Mines was down beside a hut by the loch so being a sneaky wee b*****d I just hid it underneath some stones. Most folk never found it and those that did took so long that I won quite easily.

The other chumps in my class put theirs in plain view.

Good work! One of our class ended up getting a kicking from one of the instructors at Ardroy. Shower of wee b*****ds that we were.  That sort of thing would probably be frowned on now. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Good work! One of our class ended up getting a kicking from one of the instructors at Ardroy. Shower of wee b*****ds that we were.  That sort of thing would probably be frowned on now. 

Changed days by the time I got there. I just received an "accidental" blow to the head with an oar from an instructor after rocking a kayak causing everyone to jump or fall out.

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

£100m worth of ching and hookers might not be true love, but it would be fucking close.

True love and happiness might last a couple of years, £100 million would last a lifetime.