Doctor Who

yoda

Thart's my understanding of how they're getting round it. The thirteen regens was a timelord imposed law not a physical one.

Quite enjoyed tonight's episode anyway. Not as much as last week's, but it was a decent old-style bit of Who.

this weeks was ok. but they're clearly building to the mid season hiatus now. and it wasn't as good as last week. speaking with my whovian associates. we fear last week was a unequal-able peak.

Edited by theentomologist

. speaking with my whovian associates. we fear last week was a unequal-able peak.

Perhaps because of the quality of writer for last weeks episode?

I felt this week's was ok, but entirely predictable.

Did anyone NOT see the clone Doctor coming? Surely they won't use this as the get out clause for the Astronaut shooting him?

The real question has to be:

Did the Doctor DELIBERATELY cause a clone??

Much better than last weeks vapid runaround,

Did anyone NOT see the clone Doctor coming? Surely they won't use this as the get out clause for the Astronaut shooting him?

nah. its the lack of quality in this weeks rather than Gaiman being great. which he is.

yes. yes he did.

Of course he did.

I think we were meant to see the cliffhanger coming, they'd all but shown us it already.

I sincerely doubt it's going to be as simple as the clone being the one who was killed in episode one. It'll be a right swizz if that does happen, particularly as they went out their way to deny the possibility at the time (Amy asked if it might be a copy or something and old-Canton said "that most definitely is the doctor").

The big question for me is how did the doctor know so much about the events of yesterday's episode in advance - is that just a part of this story or is that part of the season's story arc?

I sincerely doubt it's going to be as simple as the clone being the one who was killed in episode one. It'll be a right swizz if that does happen, particularly as they went out their way to deny the possibility at the time (Amy asked if it might be a copy or something and old-Canton said "that most definitely is the doctor").

Yes, but the "clones" most definitely are the people they are copies of.

That's why both the clones and the originals found it such a mind-f**k to see each other.

Poor episode!!!

Anybody else remember Carry On Screaming???

screaming1.jpg

Even down to the whole handy Doctor thing reminded me more of "Carry On Screaming" (he was clearly Oddbod Jr)!!!

Actually, I just remembered that the 3rd Doctor was in the aforementioned classic!!!

Maybe there is a link???

pertwee1.png

"Not the Nestene Consciousness again!!!"

Yes, but the "clones" most definitely are the people they are copies of.

That's why both the clones and the originals found it such a mind-f**k to see each other.

Well no, they might be real living entities but they aren't the same as the people they're copies of. [They're copies not clones, btw.] The real Jennifer Lucas can't extend her neck by ten feet and batter her head through a toiler door - much as it would be cool as f**k if she could.

Anyway, having made a point of having Canton dismiss the suggestion that the dead doctor was "a clone or a copy or something", it'd be a right old swizz if he turned out to be lying or mistaken. In fact it would be a right old swizz if that's the solution even if they hadn't had him say that. But I don't for a minute think Moffat would do that to us, I'm sure the copy-of-doctor will be for this story only.

makes you wonder where Rory has been dipping his wick! :unsure:

No, this series.

Amy was pregnant during TIA - so she appears to have been swapped either during the 3 month gap between TIA and DotM or during the asylum scenes of DotM. It was duting the asylum scenes that she first saw the eyepatch woman.

And as next weeks bad are wearing big hoods then i guess they are the silence.

No, this series.

Amy was pregnant during TIA - so she appears to have been swapped either during the 3 month gap between TIA and DotM or during the asylum scenes of DotM. It was duting the asylum scenes that she first saw the eyepatch woman.

And as next weeks bad are wearing big hoods then i guess they are the silence.

They said on Confidential that she was taken before The Impossible Astronaut, so perhaps as far back as The Eleventh Hour or the Angel episodes? There is a few unexplained things from Flesh and Stone that was never resolved.

I also think the Ganger Doctor will be back. The line the Doctor mentioned about 'flesh stabilising' surely can't be a throwaway one. Perhaps he dies and the Ganger replaces him in the diner?

Also, if Amy was telling the 'Ganger' about his death then the Doctor knew the entire time that he was heading for his death, so he has definitely prepared a plan!

makes you wonder where Rory has been dipping his wick! :unsure:

The Doctor gave them bunk beds. wink.gif

Eyepatch lady appeared in 2nd episode.

Silence will fall

Edited by drs