Doctor Who

yoda

Yeah I'm going to wait for dvd as well. Much prefer having hard copy of shows.

It's a shame Nicholas Courtney who played the Brigadier passed away a couple of years ago now though. I remember reading in a couple of interviews with him that he was really disappointed that so much of his debut story wasn't around. He'd have been thrilled to have seen nearly all of The Web of Fear returned.

Has it been confirmed by anyone that only 9 episodes were returned or is there still the possibility that BBC are sitting on some more and are working on restoring them before announcing them to the public? Like South Lanarkshire Jag, I'm really grateful that we've got these episodes back, but the greedy part of me is hungry for more. :P

The rumour has always been that Enemy of the World would come out first along with Web of Fear and Marco Polo.

Apparently Marco Polo just isn't ready for release yet. I mean, it's quite clear that they've been working on EotW and WoF for a while based on how great they look.

The generally held belief is that 90ish episodes overall have been found, with the only ones still known to be missing being Daleks Master Plan (because of the lack of sales abroad), the missing two episodes of The Invasion and either The Space Pirates or the missing Ice Warriors episodes.

At the same time though, not all episodes are back at the BBC yet.

Tomb of the Cybermen is my favourite Troughton

Aye it's quite a good watch. A William Hartnell one was on yesterday at the same time I believe. I also looked in the planner and next Saturday 'Spearhead From Space' is on and on Sunday 'Pyramids on Mars' is also on. Same time, same channel ;)

Tomb of the Cybermen is my favourite Troughton

It is a really good story, the scene with the Doctor and Victoria when he comforts her and lets slip a mention of his family is brilliant and Troughton's at the top of his game. The Mind Robber is my favourite Troughton story though. The first episode is genuinely creepy at points and works so well despite the fact it was written with practically no time to spare and wasn't even meant to be part of that serial in the first place. Imo, there's few finer cliffhangers in all of Doctor Who than the one at the end of the first episode.

The Mind Robber is my favourite Troughton story though. The first episode is genuinely creepy at points and works so well despite the fact it was written with practically no time to spare and wasn't even meant to be part of that serial in the first place. Imo, there's few finer cliffhangers in all of Doctor Who than the one at the end of the first episode.

If not the finest, then at least the perviest.

(I like the Mind Robber a lot too. And Troughton was the best doctor.)

If not the finest, then at least the perviest.

(I like the Mind Robber a lot too. And Troughton was the best doctor.)

Ah yes, can't mention that cliffhanger without also mentioning the focus Wendy Padbury's arse in that catsuit. :lol:

Some more new pictures of the 50th from the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p01js9py

I thought they scraped Tennents Tardis control room set after using it for the Doctors Wife episode

Cool pics. Tell me if I'm being paranoid or looking into things too much, but does anyone else find the fact that we've had no official pictures or posters with Billie Piper in them a bit odd? We've seen on-set pictures of Tennant, John Hurt and Jenna Louise Coleman. Yet there's been nothing of Billie Piper despite the fact she's going to be in it too. Is it possible that we've had nothing official with her from the BBC because there's something to hide about her appearance in the anniversary special?

The rumour has always been that Enemy of the World would come out first along with Web of Fear and Marco Polo.

Apparently Marco Polo just isn't ready for release yet. I mean, it's quite clear that they've been working on EotW and WoF for a while based on how great they look.

The generally held belief is that 90ish episodes overall have been found, with the only ones still known to be missing being Daleks Master Plan (because of the lack of sales abroad), the missing two episodes of The Invasion and either The Space Pirates or the missing Ice Warriors episodes.

At the same time though, not all episodes are back at the BBC yet.

The BBC did ship more of its archive to Africa. In actual fact they shipped the entire lot of Sixties DW to Sierra Leone, where it lay in the TV Station archives until 1999, when it was destroyed in the civil war!!!

The BBC could have recovered every episode of DW at any time up until that point!!!

so far I've heard that bad wolf, trensalor, the time war and the doctors family are all going to be involved. These are of course rumours.

However

what if tennant's doctor is not the real one, but the clone?

so far I've heard that bad wolf, trensalor, the time war and the doctors family are all going to be involved. These are of course rumours.

However

This is by no means proof, but the clone 10th Doctor who went away with Rose was wore the blue suit while in the promo pictures Tennant's in his brown suit. I trust Steven Moffat not to bring back the clone 10th Doctor. I mean nobody actually liked that version of the character right?

However

This is by no means proof, but the clone 10th Doctor who went away with Rose was wore the blue suit while in the promo pictures Tennant's in his brown suit. I trust Steven Moffat not to bring back the clone 10th Doctor. I mean nobody actually liked that version of the character right?

I really hope its not the

clone Doctor

besides do you think they would do something so obvious?

I really hope its not the

clone Doctor

besides do you think they would do something so obvious?

Not really, and tbh I don't think they'd go down that route even if they were going to have David Tennant play anyone other than the definitive 10th Doctor. I think if Tennant will play any alternate version of the 10th Doctor, he'll play a Zygon impersonating him. We already know they'll be in it and Tennant's said on so many occasions that they are his favourite monsters. I find even that prospect unlikely though. It's a huge anniversary special and Moffat knows we all want to see the 11th Doctor interact with the 10th, not his clone or some imposter.

The fact that Rose will be in it in a way makes me a little disappointed as that seems to suggest we'll probably get the 10th Doctor in the early stages of that incarnation. It'd be much more interesting if the 11th Doctor encountered the 10th Doctor just prior to or just after the Waters of Mars when the latter was raging against his iminent regeneration.