Doctor Who

yoda

Brilliant episode tonight, one of the best of the series. Next week's looks good as well

Back to the old barn by the looks of it?

Edited by hoopy1967

Wasn't that mad on the episode. Especially the bit that went on on longer than the Month Python Deja Vu sketch.

I'm worried the Doctor is the hybrid because he's half-human.

I hope he's not.

Moffat was being a clever bugger

The Doctor said " The Hybrid is me"

Or did he say ....

"The Hybrid is Me"?

post-14714-14487952859324_thumb.jpg

Either way we will find out next week

Thought that was fantastic last night - for the first time in many many years I was actually scared by a couple of bits in that ! Capaldi was magnificent yet again. I have really enjoyed this series and next week looks great

Capaldi is not only a fantastic Doctor he is a fantastic actor full stop - his performances in this series are surely worthy of an award or ten...

It could be that whatever the Doctor did to her made her a bit Time Lord. We saw someone regenerating in the preview. Maybe her? Hope so because I don't like her face.

I dont like her so a regeneration would be great if the character is to stay.

The hand coming up from the grave scared the crap out of me.

I thought it was pretty cool that the Doctor chipped away at the wall for billions of years using "death" to his advantage.

Edited by meanmistermustard

Moffat was being a clever bugger

The Doctor said " The Hybrid is me"

Or did he say ....

"The Hybrid is Me"?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1448795283.182841.jpg

Either way we will find out next week

Thought that was fantastic last night - for the first time in many many years I was actually scared by a couple of bits in that ! Capaldi was magnificent yet again. I have really enjoyed this series and next week looks great

Capaldi is not only a fantastic Doctor he is a fantastic actor full stop - his performances in this series are surely worthy of an award or ten...

Wee cutie, that one.

If next week's reveal is that the Doctor is half human I do believe I'll weep tears of blood. What an awful concept.

The 'hybrid' thingummy is supposed to change the way we see the Doctor. I always thought John Hurt's War Doctor was supposed to do that.

Given that both stories involve the fabby Sisterhood of Karn, I would not be surprised if there's some kind of connection.

I dont like her so a regeneration would be great if the character is to stay.

The hand coming up from the grave scared the crap out of me.

I thought it was pretty cool that the Doctor chipped away at the wall for billions of years using "death" to his advantage.

Was a nice riff on an old sci fi short story....read it years ago in a Brian aldiss collection (can't mind who wrote it or what it was called) gust of it being trying to explain how hard it is to envisage infinity by concept of a bird scratching a giant rock every I think thousand years and how long it would take to erode....found most of episode dull tho...if me is the hybrid hope she does regenerate.....could her mum be river song or the clone of the Dr from when Donna was in it?? Think she was gonna be a spin off that never happened but actress married David Tennant in real life n is Peter Davisons daughter....fife style incest stuff!

Wait....never mind being mum....isn't river song a hybrid according to demons run? Human plus time lord due to um time vortex banging.....she gave her regeneration energy to Dr in let's kill Hitler but shed still be a hybrid technically plus if she's the me mum.....maybe she could regenerate into a decent actor.....off topic doesn't Davis cup trophy look like bottom of a posh dalek? ?

Wait....never mind being mum....isn't river song a hybrid according to demons run? Human plus time lord due to um time vortex banging.....she gave her regeneration energy to Dr in let's kill Hitler but shed still be a hybrid technically plus if she's the me mum.....maybe she could regenerate into a decent actor.....off topic doesn't Davis cup trophy look like bottom of a posh dalek? ?

hqdefault.jpg

kinda%2B6.jpg

wpid-doctor-who-underwater-menace.jpg

Just a few examples over the years of plots and creatures that were less far-fetched than the idea of River Song regenerating into a not-shit actress.

In the space of googling there I've just found out she's coming back. Oh Jesus. Oh Jesus Christ.

How would one explain the River Song character to someone that had never seen the show?

I'd say this:

You know when you meet a really attractive girl? Fit, pretty, great sense of humour and a wee cheeky glint in her eye that tells you she wouldn't be a snide-ride?

You're immediately aware that most straight men would leap at the chance to have a crack, and then you meet her boyfriend. And he's a toady creature with no discernible redeeming features, and you can't work out exactly why she's stuck with him.

That's a bit like the Doctor / River dynamic.

One the one hand you have a guy that has crossed time and space for a laugh and that can regenerate when killed. He was also, at the time of River's introduction, the rather dapper and attractive David Tennant, and I know of quite a few ladies that would like a crack at him.

One the other hand you have this:

Doctor-River-6x02-Day-Of-The-Moon-the-do

What can only be described as "a minger". She has double chins and hair like Fiona Hyslop used to, before someone at SNP HQ told her to sort it out on the basis it cost them votes every time she was on TV.

Despite this she prances around the sets winking and gurning and gabbling about off-camera adventures that the viewer hasn't seen and doesn't care to.

My theory: Its a BBC inclusivity thing. They want to demonstrate that ugly people can be cast in main roles as part of some misguided attempt to cheer up some depressed teenagers watching in identikit Barratt homes up and down the country.

They did it with that Merlin series too. In that we were supposed to believe that Guinevere; one of the most beautiful women in the land, to be wedded to King Arthur, was this specimen:

12_queen_guinevere_Angel_Coulby.jpg

I think not.

I'm not saying she's a total brute. Probably wid. But she does look like someone has smashed her face in with a shovel a little bit.

BBC indoctrination!

If Alex Kingston's a minger, well, I just don't know.

Agreed. I think she's rather nice. No idea where this 'double chin' nonsense has come from either, especially since the picture posted immediately after the comment shows nothing of the sort.

Of course River Song is still a terrible character.