Doctor Who

yoda

What Davies did with Rose coming back and The Master story arcs was spot on, all he did was leave wee hints throughout the series before it all culminated in the finale, meaning the stories for each episode had their own drama and was extremely enjoyable.

I hated what Davies did on both those occasions. He turned the Master into a super powered comic book villain and the decision to bring Rose back was horrendous - she was given a brilliant tear jerking goodbye which lost all it's impact immediately. RTD wrote popcorn sci-fi, and whilst it's not perfect by any stretch at least Moffatt's stuff is more cerebral.

• 2 weeks later...

People are too precious about the show. You've never had - and never will have - a series of belter after belter. This isn't Breaking Bad. This season had some real highlights - I liked the opening 2-parter, Under the Lake, The Raven and Heaven Sent. The rest were OK (aside from that one with the camp lion). Not a bad hit rate for a series. Better than the last.

• 2 weeks later...

Moffatt says he's "actively involved in the search for his successor".

He also says he's unsure if he'll still write stories once he's stopped being showrunner. I hope he does as some of the episodes he wrote, prior to taking charge, were among the greatest in the programme's history.

I wonder who'll take over? Really hope it's not Gattis as, while I enjoy lots of his non-Who work, virtually every episode of Dr Who he's written has been shite.

My ideal choice would be Charlie Brooker but I doubt that very much.

Re the Christmas episode................

IIRC when they first met in the museum wasn't there some crap about living in timestreams (or whatever) that ran in opposite directions? If so shouldn't she have been happy to finally meet him for the first time?

• 2 weeks later...

When I heard Moffat was stepping down, my first feeling was relief. I don;t know why - this series has been really good. I just think he's starting to lose the plot and his big story threads are way over complicated.

I wasn't a fan of RTD's hoakey family guff, but it was much easier to buy in to than, say, the recent Timelords story.

Apparently Capaldi will leave after the next series

Shame think he's a fantastic Dr. ...but never really had a great episode written for him eg empty child or blink.....also needs to be at least one really dark episode where he gets to go full malky tucker on some baddies....