Doctor Who

yoda

Looks like a pain in the arse does the new assistant.

Never even bothered with the Christmas special as it looked ghastly and might be the same for the new series. Capaldi is brilliant but the writing and every good person must live is turning it into pish.

The highest level of correct ever attained on a p&b post. ....

Here's a quote from the actress which has completely put me off:

"Peter Capaldi is such a brilliant actor, and his Doctor is such a wacky and wonderful character, I can’t wait to see what adventures are in store for him and Bill throughout time and space. Reading the script at the audition I thought Bill was wicked. Fantastically written, cool, strong, sharp, a little bit vulnerable with a bit of geekiness thrown in - I can’t wait to bring her to life, and to see how she develops through the series."

I've emboldened the bit which almost made me vomit.  I've not seen the girl, but from this paragraph I have a feeling I know exactly what her voice will be like and exactly how she will act the character.  And, as others have said, I'm fucking dreading it.

If that clip is anything to go by then the next series will be really, really annoying. Fookin BBC execs trying to appeal to the yoof and missing the mark entirely.

I thought Clara might have represented a watershed in annoying assistants but on first impressions we have a new winner.

p.s. Donna was good - eventually.

Donna was excellent. I think people that didn't like her character tended to be those who didn't like Catherine Tate and assumed they wouldn't like her. I mainly liked the fact she didn't have any tedious love interest in the Doctor. Amy started okay but became quite irritating as did Rose.

Donna was excellent. I think people that didn't like her character tended to be those who didn't like Catherine Tate and assumed they wouldn't like her. I mainly liked the fact she didn't have any tedious love interest in the Doctor. Amy started okay but became quite irritating as did Rose.

Maybe it was because she sounded like Catherine Tate; i.e. an annoying shrill idiot?

Rose was fine until Tennant came along and it turned into 45 minutes of them trying not to screw each other.

Martha was utterly useless.

Donna improved as her time went on (thanks no end to not having any romantic interest in the Doctor so the storylines and character developed in another way).

Amy got more irritating as time went on.

Clara was a right pain in the arse.

The general rule was therefore that if there was no romantic interest the series was generally better. That's sadly changed as the story writing has gotten worse and this new assistant is going to be unwatchable as she's going to be wacky, cool, street-wise, lippy and everything else to appeal to 12 year olds but annoy the f**k out of anyone older than 17.