Doctor Who

yoda

Capaldi is off at the end of the year.

I hope he gets a good last series but the trailer doesn't fill me with confidence.

His tenure has been a bit of a disappointment. I was very pleased when he got the role, as a big fan of his especially in The Thick of It, but his episodes have generally been underwhelming.

Not necessarily his fault, more due to a bizarre determination to relegate The Doctor to being a supporting character in his own show, but even so.

Completely agree, had they gone for a Doctor in the mould of David Tennant's latter Doctor I think it would've worked really well. Like you said, the scripts have become increasingly bizarre.

Ah well, that's my last reason to watch the show gone, hopefully the coming series is decent but I seriously doubt it.

I wanted him before, but he said he never bothered with Dr Who and was fairly dismissive towards the programme when I saw him on Channel 4, recently.

I don't necessarily expect a fan boy in the role, but he's too much the other way for my liking.

I reckon he'd prefer to concentrate on his acting career anyway.

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I wanted him before, but he said he never bothered with Dr Who and was fairly dismissive towards the programme when I saw him on Channel 4, recently.

I don't necessarily expect a fan boy in the role, but he's too much the other way for my liking.

and presenting Crystal Maze

10 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I meant to write "directing career".

Post doesn't make much sense otherwise. 

Moffat is an arsehole, everything he's involved with just reeks of smarm. They'll probably get some 20 something drama school hotshot for the role, I don't see any big names being interested enough.

Moffat is finishing at the same time as PC, so he won't be making the decision thankfully. I can't wait for Moffat to gtf!

38 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

BBC suggesting the next doctor could be female. I hope they don't go for a woman just to make a point, it has to be someone who fits the role. 

As an outside bet I'll go for Harry Lloyd. They have previous for choosing actors who have appeared in previous episodes.

Agreed with this, 

30 minutes ago, Red_Dwarf_Posse said:

WHO I want.....Hayley Atwell.  A fan too.

MV5BMTM5ODk5Mjc1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDI0

Would be an excellent casting. As badger said, im all for casting a female Dr because it would be a massive change of pace, would open up plenty of potential storylines and just be a breath of fresh air that the series so badly needs. But don't just hire a female Dr because she is female, cast her because she is a perfect fit for the role and Hayley Atwell is a perfect fit. I wanted to see Richard Ayoade in the role but after learning he isnt a fan and not really interested in the role ive changed my mind on that one. 

WHO I want.....Hayley Atwell.  A fan too.

MV5BMTM5ODk5Mjc1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDI0Njk3._V1_.jpg

It would definitely be different, I've never watched Dr. Who and spent the episode eyeing the Timelord's chebs for an entire episode before, but I am open to new experiences and I suppose if the story is pish it would take one's mind of it!!!