The Creepy & The Strange

Good wee read, that.

Does it finish on the 19th May to indicate that they've never come back out or is that a website error?

19th May? Is there something I've missed or is this just a MASSIVE coincidence?

The feet detach naturally due to decomposition (ankles are relatively weak) and float because they are in a shoe. Then currents take feet from all over the place to the same place. Weird? Yes. Perfectly logical explanation tho.

This is the first time I've seen this thread so I'm just going to refer to the OP, re: Polybius. Apologies if someone's mentioned the following story in an early page, I only checked the first couple.

I remember reading this about urban legends in video games:

In 1989, the Soviet Karvina Corporation released a mysterious game called "Killswitch." It totally and irrevocably erased itself from the computer upon completion of the game. Only 5000 copies of the game were issued and gameplay consisted of two characters, a little girl and an invisible demon. Nearly every user completed the game using the girl.

Later, the company issued a cryptic message designed to keep the resolution of the story shrouded in mystery, and sent players crazy. Everyone was determined to know what happened when the game was completed with the demon.

The following is a paragraph lifted from some forum post:

"To find any copy usable today is an almost unfathomably rare occurrence; a still shrink-wrapped copy was sold at an action in 2005 for $733,000 to Yamamoto Ryuichi of Tokyo. It is entirely possible that Yamamoto’s is the last remaining copy of the game. Knowing this, Yamamoto had intended to open his play to all enthusiasts, filming and uploading his progress. However, to date, the only film that has surfaced is a one minute and forty-five second clip of a haggard Yamamoto at his computer, the avatar-choice screen visible over his right shoulder.

Yamamoto is crying."

The feet detach naturally due to decomposition (ankles are relatively weak) and float because they are in a shoe. Then currents take feet from all over the place to the same place. Weird? Yes. Perfectly logical explanation tho.

Thats a bit too simplistic though. Granted, its feasible happening on one or two occasion but 14 times with no other body parts?

Further down the article it states that by the fourth discovery, they were questioning human involvement.

Certainly odd though. Why is no one turning up looking for their feet?

This is the first time I've seen this thread so I'm just going to refer to the OP, re: Polybius. Apologies if someone's mentioned the following story in an early page, I only checked the first couple.

I remember reading this about urban legends in video games:

In 1989, the Soviet Karvina Corporation released a mysterious game called "Killswitch." It totally and irrevocably erased itself from the computer upon completion of the game. Only 5000 copies of the game were issued and gameplay consisted of two characters, a little girl and an invisible demon. Nearly every user completed the game using the girl.

Later, the company issued a cryptic message designed to keep the resolution of the story shrouded in mystery, and sent players crazy. Everyone was determined to know what happened when the game was completed with the demon.

The following is a paragraph lifted from some forum post:

"To find any copy usable today is an almost unfathomably rare occurrence; a still shrink-wrapped copy was sold at an action in 2005 for $733,000 to Yamamoto Ryuichi of Tokyo. It is entirely possible that Yamamoto’s is the last remaining copy of the game. Knowing this, Yamamoto had intended to open his play to all enthusiasts, filming and uploading his progress. However, to date, the only film that has surfaced is a one minute and forty-five second clip of a haggard Yamamoto at his computer, the avatar-choice screen visible over his right shoulder.

Yamamoto is crying."

It's fake.

Good wee read, that.

Does it finish on the 19th May to indicate that they've never come back out or is that a website error?

Spent about an hour reading that and the c**t doesnt even finish the story!

Had heard of Jonestown before, but never really read into it until I seen an upcoming trailer for the film, 'The Sacrament', seen here:

It's some creepy shit in reality though:

Jonestown.

An audio recording made on November 18, 1978, at the Peoples Temple compound in Jonestown, Guyana immediately preceding and during the mass suicide or murder of over 900 members of the cult.

Not pleasant listening...

Winchester Mystery House

Just a massive house built by a nutcase but the whole story is pretty weird.

Alan Moore penned a Swamp Thing episode about this house...pretty good if you like horror based comics.

Electronic voice phenomenon is interesting, spooky and probably a lot of tosh. You could probably say that about the Bible as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvr6o7fBcTY

Swampy's post about number stations reminded me of the above doco, which is worth a listen if you haven't.

On the same topic, would anyone with a sound background in electronics hazard a guess as to what this is all about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgF9ZlI_R-8

The Lincolnshire Poacher has an interesting accent. It sounds kind of West Country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnXPqUU6fI0

The English Lady sounds Scottish. Maybe a bit Jean Brodie?

Starts at around 3:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb6wKVshURs

Probably not the place for this, seeing as it's obviously a work of fiction, but I remember reading this back in 2001-02 and it was fucking terrifying at the time to a daft calustrophobic 17 year old.

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/caver/page1.html

This is the picture that always done it for me.

Squeeze.jpg