The Creepy & The Strange

8 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'd worry for the sanity of any gorilla-suit experts who watched that footage and said, "well, I'm stumped. No idea. Clearly not fake, though, as it's got tits."

The guy that did the suits/make up for the planet of the apes film released a year later in 1968, said it was that good he couldn't have made it, and he was probably the best in the world at ape costumes.

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The guy that did the suits/make up for the planet of the apes film released a year later in 1968, said it was that good he couldn't have made it, and he was probably the best in the world at ape costumes.

How can he conclude that from a few seconds of pixelated pish?

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I'm pretty sure I could make something equally convincing out of a few car floor mats and sticky back plastic, bearing in mind it would only be briefly seen at distance in a tremendously blurred video. Or decades later, in a "cleaned up" version with hideous amounts of artifacting. I wouldn't even need to bother giving it a face, apparently.

I'm guessing yon Planet of the Apes laddie was giving it plenty of this when he said he couldn't replicate it.

c7f0a0d56b1fc7ec113b519b8b968cad.gif

10 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Well that's it, case closed. THE BEST APE COSTUME GUY IN THE WORLD SAID SO.

Absolutely gone at the thought of secret Bigfoot funerals in the middle of the wilderness.

The solemn procession through the trees, a Bigfoot priest officiating and the mournful attendees leaving to the strains of Daydream Believer by the Monkees whilst whispering to each other 'it's what he would have wanted'

Guest Moomintroll
I've seen some wild shit before; the wife's favourite being the time a green Gremlin arm appeared out of the back of our printer, waved at me, then disappeared again. Turned out the medication I was on was causing hallucinations, but I still like to believe I have a wee friend living in my electricals.
Anyway, go easy on Biggie. I take it Morrissey's big on cryptozoology.
Can I have some of that medication? That sounds like some good shit.

8 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Absolutely gone at the thought of secret Bigfoot funerals in the middle of the wilderness.

The solemn procession through the trees, a Bigfoot priest officiating and the mournful attendees leaving to the strains of Daydream Believer by the Monkees whilst whispering to each other 'it's what he would have wanted'

You were ma wan desiyah 

6FDEE68F-2B66-4F0F-9BF8-9E2B2EF619BA.png

Just now, Moomintroll said:

Can I have some of that medication? That sounds like some good shit.

Just Fluoxetine. I was on it for years before the hallucinations started. Apparently that's a highly unusual side effect.

Normally I just saw movement in my peripheral vision, but occasionally I'd get things like that. Seeing rats scampering around was the most common. I did once see a giant (like, 30ft tall) abominable snowman type thing peeking out at me around the side of a warehouse; it dived back in to hiding once it realised it had been rumbled. Good times.

Guest Moomintroll
Just Fluoxetine. I was on it for years before the hallucinations started. Apparently that's a highly unusual side effect.
Normally I just saw movement in my peripheral vision, but occasionally I'd get things like that. Seeing rats scampering around was the most common. I did once see a giant (like, 30ft tall) abominable snowman type thing peeking out at me around the side of a warehouse; it dived back in to hiding once it realised it had been rumbled. Good times.
Snorkmaiden takes that so I am tempted, Citalopram just makes me sweat a lot. Prince Andy should try some.

9 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Snorkmaiden takes that so I am tempted, Citalopram just makes me sweat a lot. Prince Andy should try some.

Aye, they went away when I switched to Citalopram; thankfully no side effects from that for me. Probably due to the massive adrenaline rushes that I get from P&B.

Perhaps you're just one of Snorkmaiden's hallucinations.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Just replying to those that said it was a costume.

Do you believe crop circles are evidence that aliens have visited us or do you realise it's just a bunch of wind up merchants with some big sticks?

Do you believe in ghosts because you watched a video of a cupboard opening all by itself or do you accept that perhaps someone has manipulated the video with some smart camera tricks to make it look like ghosts?