The Creepy & The Strange

• 4 months later...
14 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

@NJ2 posted on page 38 mate.

Completely bypassed that.  Just noticed it because it was on the front page of the BBC long reads today!

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Completely bypassed that.  Just noticed it because it was on the front page of the BBC long reads today!

Good read though. Some mad theories.

They went a bit mad at the very end. I'm sure I read something somewhere about this happening elsewhere, that people just went mad in the cold and thought they were roasting hot before rushing outside to their inevitable death. 

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The creepiest and strangest thing on this thread remains Bigmouth Strikes Again

Don't sully the best thread on P&B.

Thank you.

47 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

They went a bit mad at the very end. I'm sure I read something somewhere about this happening elsewhere, that people just went mad in the cold and thought they were roasting hot before rushing outside to their inevitable death. 

It's one of the symptoms of exposure. People believe they're burning up and start stripping off the warm clothing which could save them.

6 hours ago, Shotgun said:

It's one of the symptoms of exposure. People believe they're burning up and start stripping off the warm clothing which could save them.

That case always looked to me like it was something quite simple like that. They maybe drank some dodgy knockoff vodka, went a bit mad through exposure and then local wildlife picked at the tasty bits like eyeballs. Or they got battered by a yeti.

8 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Wonder what caused them to flee their tent in -20 conditions, without even stopping to put boots on.

Spies like us

Spoiler

It came on the telly in their tent and they thought "f*ck that". Mind you the Russian Dan Akroyd copped off with was a widski

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

This is supposedly one of the last photos they took.......

Russian Yeti: Is the Dyatlov Mystery Solved?

Günther IMO.

I thought I’d seen a programme about it where it suggested radiation poisoning. The whole thing reminds me of getting home from nights out in the rougher parts of Dunfermline.