The Creepy & The Strange

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I'll let Steve, a true expert have the last word, and that's it for me.

No fucking chance. You'll be back biting again in no time.

Sorry if it's already been asked, but what other cryptozoological creatures do you claim to believe in, Biggie? No need for looking up YouTube conspiracy videos, just a list will do.

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Sorry if it's already been asked, but what other cryptozoological creatures do you claim to believe in, Biggie? No need for looking up YouTube conspiracy videos, just a list will do.

Cuppus Luggus.

45 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Would be good for a keeper as well, an adult male can be 10 feet in height.

Thank you.

That reply is worth a greenie for the total conviction of telling us the height alone. Well played.

There's an invisible man who lives in the sky. He's omnipotent, infallible and loves us all. If you don't worship him, or even if you don't believe he exists he will see to it that you're tortured for all eternity after you die. He also causes natural disasters, gives people cancer and allows children to starve to death. However, if you ask him to, he'll help the affected people afterwards. Unless he made them gay. He hates people he made gay.

Despite there not being one iota of verifiable evidence that the invisible man exists; a fairly large percentage of the world's population believe the above to be true. Some of them are so sure of it, that they will murder people who don't agree. Or those who agree, but worship the invisible man in a slightly different way.

Ergo, it must be true.

Edited by Shotgun

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Nah, you're not reeling me in that easily Davey boy. Night night.

Thank you.

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Nah, you're not reeling me in that easily Davey boy. Night night.

Thank you.

Sleep well, ***. See you tomorrow.

I am quite open minded on the existence of Bigfoot and in all the accounts and reports of sightings I have read, I have found this to be the most plausible explanation:

When Bigfoot later attacks the team's base camp Steve pursues and fights with the beast unaware that he is being monitored by aliens who are living in a nearby mountain. During the fight one of Bigfoot's arms becomes detached revealing that it is not an animal but some form of robot. Bigfoot flees (complete with the removed arm!) and Steve follows it into a cave. This turns out to be inside the mountain occupied by the aliens and Steve is soon rendered unconscious, captured and analysed by them. 

When he awakes, Steve learns from Shalon - a female alien - that Bigfoot was built and controlled by the aliens to protect them. The earthquake sensor team had been attacked as they had identified a volcanic vent that powered the alien colony. Meanwhile Oscar learns that a major earthquake is predicted along the main San Medrian fault line within the next few hours which jeopardises all the Californian west coast cities. Only a controlled underground nuclear explosion to trigger a smaller man made earthquake along a smaller tributary fault line will prevent the main earthquake from happening. Oscar authorises this knowing that Steve and Marlene are still missing in the area concerned and will be at serious risk from the explosion and subsequent earthquake.

Apologies for stepping away from yetis, but in a similar vein, the werewolves of Cannock Chase were a weird phenomenon. This happens to be a popular dogging spot so hunting werewolves was possibly an excuse thought up on the spot by an embarrassed dogger but the accounts were very creepy. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/content/articles/2009/09/29/werewolves_in_staffs_feature.shtml

29 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Apologies for stepping away from yetis, but in a similar vein, the werewolves of Cannock Chase were a weird phenomenon. This happens to be a popular dogging spot so hunting werewolves was possibly an excuse thought up on the spot by an embarrassed dogger but the accounts were very creepy. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/content/articles/2009/09/29/werewolves_in_staffs_feature.shtml

Similar to that, I've always been fascinated by the big cat sightings in the UK, especially as they are usually concentrated in the same areas http://scotcats.online.fr/abc/sightings/bycounty/dumfries.html

Almost certainly it's folk pished/spooked/making it up but there's some interesting theories if they are real, such as there being released by private owners who couldn't make themselves give them up when the Zoo act and others in the late 70s/early 80s made it impossible to legally own dangerous animals, and that's why the sightings have slowly dwindled away as there's no breeding population. Probably a lot of shite though 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Similar to that, I've always been fascinated by the big cat sightings in the UK, especially as they are usually concentrated in the same areas http://scotcats.online.fr/abc/sightings/bycounty/dumfries.html

Almost certainly it's folk pished/spooked/making it up but there's some interesting theories if they are real, such as there being released by private owners who couldn't make themselves give them up when the Zoo act and others in the late 70s/early 80s made it impossible to legally own dangerous animals, and that's why the sightings have slowly dwindled away as there's no breeding population. Probably a lot of shite though 

Heard a few folk say they’d  seen big cats around Kelty woods, near St  and Devilla forest in the 80s and 90s. A farmer claimed to have shot one and burned the body too. 

There was also mass hysteria for a few days over The Beast Of Kelty. A wild beast with large horns was spotted all over west Fife villages. A Mr J Leishman led the hunt and it turned out to be an escaped goat. 

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Heard a few folk say they’d  seen big cats around Kelty woods, near St  and Devilla forest in the 80s and 90s. A farmer claimed to have shot one and burned the body too. 

There was also mass hysteria for a few days over The Beast Of Kelty. A wild beast with large horns was spotted all over west Fife villages. A Mr J Leishman led the hunt and it turned out to be an escaped goat. 

There was always rumours of a big cat outside Elgin in Pluscarden Woods.  My mate Gavin and I went camping out there one night with a bag of cans, a primus and 6 eggs but saw f**k all.

Case closed.