Sons of Anarchy

A-Mac

Great question and I honestly have no idea. I just felt that a lot of the character's you cared about in earlier seasons became ones you hated, and ones you hated got off lightly.

Jax killed himself after so many plot points being how it is the worst thing a "Son" do.

Uncer's death was pointless and severed only to show that Jax had no going back.

Gemma wasn't punished really for killing Tara.

The homeless lady, jeez we get it, no need for the close up of bread and wine.

Tig is a horrid c**t who should have been killed.

That's just a few things that annoyed me. Was enjoyable but really not that good, and do we really need a 5 minute song montage every bloody episode???

Granted they were flaws. The story with Juice telling Jax about Gemma didn't make sense with him going a long way to protect her previously. The whole thing with the Irish Kings was pretty stupid as well. Why did

I'd have been happy to see all the gang killed off. They were all horrible.

The only decent characters were Smits as Nero and Pounder as Patterson, who were unsurprisingly also the 2 best actors.

It was still one of my favourite series though with that.

Edited by P45

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got round to getting season 6 and 7, and finished it off on Saturday night.

Great show. Absolutely love it. I like it better than Breaking Bad. It’s that good.

Good final series, although the consequences of Jax’s actions to avenge Tara all seemed to tie themselves up quite quickly and quite neatly, something that hasn’t really come off before (most times they end up having blowback and have to sort that shit out or have to agree to some deal whilst they try and figure it out). The nonsense with the tramp was silly though. I was surprised that Unser never figured out that Gemma killed Tara. It seemed at one point that he was close to putting it together, but his love for Gemma must have blinded him (Nero later goes in to his trailer and sees that Unser thought Jax could be the main suspect; idiot). Talking of Unser, I wanted him to cut that fucking disgusting hair off. We even see him in season 1 getting a haircut! What the f**k?! Just get it all cut off and it would look so much better.

I liked how the more Jax tried to do what his father tried/wanted to do, the deeper he actually got dragged in, something he acknowledges himself at the end. As he said, it was too late for him. He could have gotten out before with his family, but he just had to stay and keep putting it off, because deep down he knew he never could leave, never could give it up. Opie faced the same problem and even says as much to Jax in series 5, and ultimately was proven right.

Anyway, some general points;

- Happy is the boy. Despite being a fucking brutal killer, I love that dude.

- Able is a nippy wee shite. I hated the wee c**t in any scene where he spoke.

- Gemma was such a c**t. Just a horrific person. The show is so good though that there are times where you feel sympathy for her, only for her to blow all that away with some bullshit.

- Disappointing that they never get Zobelle. Talking of that arc, Henry Rollins was brilliant as a Nazi c**t.

- Some of the shit Tig came out with was brilliant. Some of the scenes with him and Venus were hilarious.

- Not sure who’s death I found the most satisfying; Clay, Stahl, Galen or Pope. I was pretty much cheering at them all.

- When I first started watching, I wondered why Chibs was so named, thinking that there’s no way it’s because we call a knife a chib. Thought there would be some shite explanation, but then in season 7 he reveals the reason and I was pleased.

- Why the f**k did they (the Sons) all say they supported the IRA cause? What did they know of it? And why did they give a shit? I got the impression they weren’t just saying it to placate the Irish as well. Strange.

- Poor Juice getting bummed by Marilyn Manson. Then the Chinese(“have at it”). Still not entirely sure why he went on the run. It’s not like the club were going to off him or vote him out. Jax simply said that he (Juice) betrayed him (by telling Nero that he was ordered to kill that lassie at the cabin). Little sympathy for him in the end though after he shot Miles in the face repeatedly. He was also a gullible wee fandan, although they attempt to explain that in season 7.

- Poor Otto! Eye out, numerous beatings, bit his tongue off, numerous bummings and finally being shot. All after what was supposed to be just be a 5 year sentence.

- Chucky was quality. A strange, strange wee dude but pretty amusing.

- As the club is supposed to be all about brotherhood (how often do they tell each other that they love them?), I was surprised at how easily the Nomads agreed to help Clay, or how easily Clay was able to find three Nomads willing to be such c***s. It takes Bobby the first third of season 6 just to find four Nomads to join SAMCRO.

- Gemma’s dad looked like an old woman

- Nero was the man

- The soundtrack was fucking tremendous.

- Rat’s bird in season 7 looked frighteningly young. You can only imagine my relief when I found out that she was in her 20s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished season 7. Excellent stuff and well worth sticking with. Found season 3 and 4 a bit of a drag and was close to chucking it a few times.

Stuck with it though and glad I did, season 7 was superb carnage from start to finish.

Decided to give this another chance, tried it a year an a bit ago after watching Breaking Bad but just couldn't get into it,at all.

This time though I don't know why but I've really been enjoying it, only part way through season one.