Sons of Anarchy

A-Mac

OK now that I have given myself some time to recover from watching the series finale 48 hours ago, I will post some thoughts on the show...

Having completed Breaking Bad, Dexter, Prison Break and being up to date with The Walking Dead, I honestly think that Sons Of Anarchy is the best out of the lot of them. I dunno why, but I think that it has something that the other shows don't have. I think in this show, you feel connected to so many characters, whereas the others you only connect with one or two.

It did take me a while to get into it, and after the first few episodes I was thinking to myself "what the hell is this crap and why am I watching it?", but I am glad I saw it out. Although I did lose my way a bit half way through it, I thought there was just too much going on at once to get my head around and actually stopped watching it for a few weeks!!

The best season I think was season three, the ending to that was just superb, and well played out. The very last scene of the series I was expecting something completely different to happen at the end, but it was still gutting to see that happen. Never thought I would be so disappointed to get to the end of the TV show before.

Anyway, I'm off to cry myself to sleep again...

Finished the series last night. One thing from the last episode annoyed me though. Why did Jax limp in the final episode? They made an effort to ask if he was ok and he continued the limp the rest of the episode.?

Think he hurt his toe or foot for real.

• 2 months later...

Watched seasons 1-7 in the space of about a month. Loved it.

Some of it seemed way too drawn out in season 7, and the Belfast storyline in season 3 was awful. Other than that a great show though.

Edited by S7C

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just finished the series there and absolutely loved it. Those last two series especially were unbelievable. Don't think I can use spoilers on my phone so I'll not say much but some of those plot twists and the development of the characters really were excellent.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Has there never been a suggestion of a prequel?

I'm sure they mentioned a prequel with John and Clay coming home from Vietnam but I don't think it went anywhere.
They are definitely doing a Mayans MC spin off.

Maybe if the Mayan's thing is a success they will return to the other idea.

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I'm sure they mentioned a prequel with John and Clay coming home from Vietnam but I don't think it went anywhere.

I believe there will be a 10 episode run at some point detailing each member of the first 9's background and how they came about joining the club.

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 23:26, Cerberus said:

When I heard about the possible prequel I couldn't wait for it, think it would be great to see how the club was built etc but doesn't look like that'll happen now.

Got about half way through the fourth season of this and had to bin it, horrifically cheesy and repetitive.

Likely didn't help that the third season with the Northern Irish guff was one of the worst standalone season's of television I've ever seen.

• 10 months later...