The Room

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else seeing/seen this at the Fringe?

Went on Sunday night. Fucking amazing.

Although I did go to the Assembly Rooms on George Street first, despite the fact it's showing at the Assembly Theatre at George Square...

As Johnny says, "If you plan things, they might not come out riiiiiiiiiiight."

I'm going with my wee brothers and a couple of mates this Sunday coming, cannot wait.

Were all the usual Traditions (spoon throwing, singing, etc) upheld?

• 2 weeks later...

Saw it again up town on Sunday.

Just :lol:

Possibly even better than last year. Highlights include a bunch of suited guys actually getting up on the stairways/stage and proper lobbing the American football around the room at each other :lol:

Was also sitting infront of a bunch of guys singing "Wiseau is a Hibee!" the 'he's one of our own' song amongst others.

Worst hangover ever on Monday morning. Worth it.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Went to see this last night at GFT. Total fucking riot.

Loads of well known chants ("Meanwhile in San Fransisco" for every city shot, "Go go go!" for every panning bridge shot), funny shout outs, booing, folk doing the lines (best was literally everyone standing up for "You're tearing me apart Lisa!"), singalongs during the sex scenes, thousands upon thousands of spoons every time a piece of artwork was on screen. During the famous football scenefour guys went down the front and had a totally wild game with a ball that theyd brought :D

Easily the most I've laughed in a cinema. It was honestly just mental how wild it was. They had subs on as they've learned from previous screenings that you can't hear most of it otherwise. Amazing, totally recommend a screening.

''But you are a psychologist, do you have some advice?''

*2 minutes later and Peter the psychologist offers to listen to Johnny's problems*

''PETER, YOU ALWAYS PLAY PSYCHOLOGIST WITH US!''

:lol:

Amazing. Hadn't noticed this until the screening the other night.

So good.

• 1 month later...

I asked my friends, do you want me to order tickets for The Room on the 18th of August?

They said whatever, they don't care.

Then I told my friends, I've already ordered tickets for The Room on the 18th of August.

Now they know that I think of everything, ha ha ha.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right, is there any good way of getting 5 folk to Glasgow after the Sunday show?

Train - stops at half 12

Bus - the extra CityLink services at half 1 and 3 am are only on Fridays and Saturdays

Taxi - expensive, but most likely

Any help gratefully received.

Archived