The Room

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

attachicon.gifThe Room.jpg

Pre-ordered. Sceptical as to whether you should do the same? Perhaps this will change your mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh9lC7IBJvI

Finished reading this on Tuesday (have now started DundeeBarry's book, it's excellent so far), and it is, without question, one of the most bizarre, ridiculous, funny and somewhat inspirational tales I've ever read.

I would suggest that anyone that has seen and enjoyed the film also read the book. It's magnificent, although it will cost you some money. WHAT KIND OF MONEY??? Pound Sterling most likely.

• 1 month later...

The Cameo in Edinburgh are making an announcement tomorrow:

Next month's centenary event will see us welcoming a very special guest, in person...

Full details (and tickets on sale) tomorrow!

It's almost certainly that Tommy Wiseau will be appearing in person.

Was texting around last night, seeing who fancied going to the The Cameo for this. A burd - who I am not going out with - texted us to say cheers for sorting the tickets. The last two messages in the conversation:

Me: "Haha anything for my princess x"

*nearly an hour later*

Girl: "Thanks x"

Just hit me that she's only seen it once and probably doesn't realise that's a line from the film.

tumblr_lxx5yzXl8p1qho379.gif

This is Magnificent news!

It'll sandwich right in the middle of a sesh for maximum impact.

Hopefully there won't be too many folk subdued do to the presence of the Leg-End that is TW

"Hai Doggy!"

I will also be attending on the 15th. I bought 6 tickets and invited all my friends (good thinking). I was getting realy excited, thinking of places we could go drinking before, where I should stay, what could I possibly say to Tommy Wiseau, but then I realised, come on J_Stewart, Don't plan too much it may not come out right.

• 3 weeks later...

I may have a spare ticket or two available to a good home for the 9:30pm showing this Saturday if anyone wants to go and hasn't got tickets. For reasons I can't fathom, two people have realised they have something other than seeing Tommy Wiseau's creepily muscular body and crumpled skin in the flesh on Saturday and can no longer go. Mental. I should have known it would happen, I planned too much, and it hasn't come out right...

Give me a shout if you're interested.

So we all know that James Franco is turning The Disaster Artist into a film. My question for you is, who would you cast in a money-no-object remake of The Room?

I reserve the right to change my mind several thousand times, but I'd opt for this:

Johnny: James Franco (Is Franco playing Wiseau in this? I can't imagine he will be but I dearly hope he is. They'll need to stick odd body parts onto him to make it work, but I'm going with this.)
Mark: Brad Pitt (It's gotta be, right? Maybe a little old for the role now, but I don't fucking care.)

Lisa: Busy Philipps (Reunited with Franco, and it feels so good.)

Denny: Rico Rodriguez (I'm struggling here. There's a lack of seriously disturbing mentally unhinged child actors.)

Mike: Seann William Scott. (Without doubt. I'm still mildly surprised he wasn't in the original.)

Michelle: Ellen Page (No real justification for this, but she's a fucking pointless character so it doesn't matter.)

Peter: Rainn Wilson (A shame Philip Seymour Hoffman is away, he'd have been a stick on for this part.)

Claudette: Dame Judi Dench ("I definitely have breast cancer". There'll be tears.)

Chris-R: Nicholas Cage (Nobody else can capture the raw emotion of Chris-R.)

I've lost motivation half way through this post, I can't even be arsed thinking of someone to play Steven. So anyway... over to you...

I completely forgot about this and therefore have missed the chance to see T-Wizzle himself in the flesh.

I'm fed up with this world.

I may have a spare ticket or two available to a good home for the 9:30pm showing this Saturday if anyone wants to go and hasn't got tickets. For reasons I can't fathom, two people have realised they have something other than seeing Tommy Wiseau's creepily muscular body and crumpled skin in the flesh on Saturday and can no longer go. Mental. I should have known it would happen, I planned too much, and it hasn't come out right...

Give me a shout if you're interested.

Still trying to flog a couple of tickets if you're still keen for it?

Archived