The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least he can be 100% certain that Christie wont be making any moves to sack him.

The pun makes reference to Lewis Small but the rest of the line mentions Hawke. Shitty football journalism at its best!

That article is actually more depressing because it shows that the media are clearly being fooled into thinking Pressley's doing a great job. No doubt we'll be lambasted for hounding another manager out when he does finally bite the dust.

Lets add Chris Roberts to the list -

I seen that and meant to post. Could well be the worst yet as some have said.

Not in the same league but Mark Guidi was referring to Lawrence Shankly of Queens Park yesterday in his interview article with Owen Coyle. Even if Coyle did get it wrong, which I doubt. You would think Guidi might have spotted it and changed it to Shankland. Unless of course Queens have signed the love child of Lawrence of Arabia and Bill Shankly.

Cracker in the Record today. The caption reads:- 'McGinn holds his head in hands' while showing a picture of David Van Zanten, with another caption next to it saying something about Sam Parkin, while showing a picture of Jim Goodwin.

The top league in Scotland and they can't even put a name to a face.

http://www.ruthergle...63227-32318829/

A bit of shoddy journalism from Douglas Dickie of the Rutherglen Reformer on Clyde's re-location back to the town. The writer in one paragraph states Clyde left the Burgh of Rutherglen thirty seven years ago which by my reckoning was 1975 if that was the case.. Yet he states further down the article they moved in 1985 (which was correct). Looks like someone didn't check their copy right.

http://www.ruthergle...63227-32318829/

A bit of shoddy journalism from Douglas Dickie of the Rutherglen Reformer on Clyde's re-location back to the town. The writer in one paragraph states Clyde left the Burgh of Rutherglen thirty seven years ago which by my reckoning was 1975 if that was the case.. Yet he states further down the article they moved in 1985 (which was correct). Looks like someone didn't check their copy right.

It was actually 1986 that they left.

Archived