The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

Quite enjoyed the BBC's tagline to the report Mortons victory over Cowdenbeath yesterday. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-first-division

Peter MacDonald bags a brace as Morton tighten their grip at the top of the table with a win against Cowdenbeath.

Tighten their grip? By tightening their grip do they mean falling even further behind on goal difference and failing to put any kind of daylight between themselves and Thistle before the Jags games in hand?

Interesting take on the SFL title race.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC dipshits

I see the match was flashed as 'live' therefore it was being played at the time that was posted? Poor choice of wording, though.

Quite enjoyed the BBC's tagline to the report Mortons victory over Cowdenbeath yesterday. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-first-division

Tighten their grip? By tightening their grip do they mean falling even further behind on goal difference and failing to put any kind of daylight between themselves and Thistle before the Jags games in hand?

Interesting take on the SFL title race.

I've read at least two match reports over the past month that have claimed Morton 'extended their lead' at the top of SFL1 when both the Ton and Thistle have won their games. STV is very guilty of such hyperbole.

After a look through the papers this morning I have to wonder out loud about some decision makers. One not noted for its West Coast bias decided to pass on the 6-1 thriller at Firhill, the 4-2 workman-like victory at Cappielow :P and the 3-4 home defeat at East End Park - and all that's going on there - to splash its SFL coverage with a 0-0 SFL3 match.

:shutup

I was amazed to see Livingston's very own Defender Paul Watson not only scoring at Firhill but also scoring against East Stirling at the same time.

And before anyone points out that Montrose have a Paul Watson, I know but they have printed a picture of our Paul Watson in his Livi top beside the match report on East Stirling v Montrose, underneath the picture apparantly he was fired up by the fans.

What a shit paper the Dailly Ranger is.

Tonight's radio Clyde discussing the Scotland Wales game:

Presenter: So Hugh do you think that if we stop Gareth Bale, we stop Wales:

Hugh Cretin: do I think Wales are a one man team? Certainly the other ten Welsh players would disagree with that.

Presenter: yes but surely they're not all as good as Bale. So Hugh who else in the Welsh team could cause us problems:

Hugh Cretin: Ermm, ermm - I'm sure someone will surprise on the night?

Likewise on the same show... Bearing its the night of the Scotland game, they are live from hampden, and every call is about sandaza... Which dalzeil doesn't want to give the "crank call" discussion time, but discusses with every caller for the first 55 minutes of. 2 hour show...

Caller phones up to discuss thistle taking McNamara to court for 80k

Hugh... It is my understanding that thistle are taking Dundee united to court.

Caller... No, thats wrong, it's McNamara.

Delahunt... Well we won't talk about nothing that might be going to court.

Super scoreboard, where you decide the agenda

Incidentally, when pointed out that the money could b used to renew contracts, Keevins doesn't believe the 80k McNamara owes us is a concern as Archibald won't be concerned with out of contract players, his only concern is winning the league.

From today's Sun - I know that Rodger Baillie is getting on a bit but Tidser certainly isn't a defender.

I'd also question whether Rodger Baillie has witnessed all of Michael Tidser's goals. What an amateur.

Read in todays Daily (old firm boaby sook) record that the new team are wanted down south.

Journalists just aren't trying anymore.

Just saw this( Idon't read the Beezer myself), are they speaking of raingurrs joining the English leagus again?

Mibbe Blue ;) Square?

And in SoS...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/livingston-2-2-dunfermline-pars-find-joy-in-draw-1-2868624'>http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/livingston-2-2-dunfermline-pars-find-joy-in-draw-1-2868624

Face facts SoS - you didn't send a photographer to the game did you? It wasn't dark, it wasn't at East End Park and two of the pictured DAFC players departed the club before this encounter. Did the the score correct though.

And another thing, the one that really gets me....I realise Ayr fans have a different course..........The player who is a Legend at Starks Eleven years service, player and manager, scored THAT goal....i give you his address in the media.....Gordon Dalziel.......(EX RANGERS).............Fuckin Boooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Standard Old Firm centred nonsense on display. Apparently Peter MacDonald played for dead Rangers before, I never knew.

Sky score centre called it the Scottish League cup quarter finals, despite being eight games played , we also have Lillie Dyer playing for us, they have no idea of the play off situation in the lower leagues and constantly f**k it up. It becomes frustrating that no research or interest is shown or carried out. why dont they recruit (Media in General) from within. I`m pretty sure that our prolific posters on here say VT (yeah i know and i`m a Rover) would be able to give a factual report on the SFL, the county fan who has the statistics blog (apologies for forgetting name) and a true grasp of SFL 1 teams would be invaluable.

Rant over

Sorry to bore you

I'll always do zero reporting, as opposed to many of the prominent ,members/visitors to this site.

Standard Old Firm centred nonsense on display. Apparently Peter MacDonald played for dead Rangers before, I never knew.

I'll always do zero reporting, as opposed to many of the prominent ,members/visitors to this site.

It was just a suggestion, during my rant i was thinking of a total gobshite to represent us.... and well..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22001101

So many mistakes in a little report.

Forfar came from behind to beat Albion and lift themselves into the play-off places.

The hosts got off to a flying start when Christopher Dallas turned in David Crawford's cross after just seven minutes.

Christopher Templeman came close to doubling the advantage just after the half-hour mark but failed to beat Matthew McGinley with a header.

The visitors had failed to record a shot on goal before Iain Campbell curled in a stunning free-kick on the stroke of half-time.

Templeman fired Forfar ahead with 20 minutes remaining when he poked home a simple finish after Darren Hill failed to hold Danny Denholm's effort.

The Binos came close to an equaliser through Marvin Andrews in the final moments but could not find the breakthrough and are rooted to the foot of the table.

Archived