The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/football/league-cup/news/

The SFL website have managed to write a headline that has Ayr United v Dunfermline Athletic at Somerset Park.

They manage to get the fixture right when you click through to the main body of the article but considering it's their own competition it's not the brightest start to the day... dry.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sunday Mail has managed to get all the teams in the Second and Third Divsions wrong, for example the Airdrie line up is actually the Albion Rovers team, the Stenny team is Airdrie's etc. Magnificent incompetence. But worst of all is Dougie Imrie's mark of five when he was head and shoulders above everybody else. His marker, who fouled him constantly, gets the top mark of seven, naturally.

Minertaur - do you mean The Sunday Mail or did that paper cock it up too?

I meant the same one you did. Complete joke how not one person could notice that they had 20 teams wrong :lol:

The Sunday Mail has managed to get all the teams in the Second and Third Divsions wrong, for example the Airdrie line up is actually the Albion Rovers team, the Stenny team is Airdrie's etc. Magnificent incompetence. But worst of all is Dougie Imrie's mark of five when he was head and shoulders above everybody else. His marker, who fouled him constantly, gets the top mark of seven, naturally.

Minertaur - do you mean The Sunday Mail or did that paper cock it up too?

That has to be an early contender for the top prize this season?

Bbc had the St J v Livi score at 1-0 when it was 3-0, and the Falkirk v Stenny score at 2-1 when it was 3-1. Even though it showed all of the scorers in both games.

It also had the Falkirk score as 1-1 despite it having been 2-1 for about half an hour. I think picking on the BBC is too easy, they're getting it wrong every time SFL teams play each other these days.

There was a similar thing during the Motherwell v Rangers game at the weekend. It had the score at 1-0, and down as HT. When it was 2-0 and some time during the 2nd half.

Don't think it's a human error, must be something wrong in their coding somewhere, not sure. Our game tonight was down as 2-1, until they changed the scorer from Sibbald to and own goal, and it then jumped back to 1-1. Strange.

"This was Hearts' first competitive match against opposition from England and a harsh lesson was learned."

Referring to the gubbing by Spurs.

Gavster's report.

Texaco Cup

Didn't have time to post before my holiday, but young Gav seems not to be having his work properly checked yet.

Making it up on the hoof is pretty commonplace I think. I remember going for something to eat after the Scotland v Norway game in the World Cup in France. At the table next to us was some daft journalist from the Express who was half cut and getting her friends to help her with the report she was about to phone in. It was the usual cliche ridden nonsense.

I never touched her.

Morton are playing Dundee at Cappielow today, according to The Sun. A mistake made worse by the fact that in the very next paragraph 'Ton captain Stu McCaffrey talks about how our away form is getting on etc

Back in the day when we had Charlie Adam on loan, Sky Sports called him Tom Brighton for the whole season. They have also had Stuart Kettlewell as Steve Kettlewell for as long as he has been with us, although that might have changed, as they finally worked out Michael Gardyne wasn't Marc Gardiner.

And lets not mention the Marc McCulloch/Mark McCulloch confusion.

Apparently John McCormack signed the wrong one for Morton as manager. The one he signed was horrendous, that's for sure, but so were most of his signings.

What the hell was Chic Young rambling on about in his after match report on the radio today?!

Talking about how Raith gained an unassailable lead and then in the next sentence advising that Ayr had won 2-1.

I honestly don't think he watched the game.

He spent most of the match blethering about anything but the game, so that doesn't surprise me.

What the hell was Chic Young rambling on about in his after match report on the radio today?!

Talking about how Raith gained an unassailable lead and then in the next sentence advising that Ayr had won 2-1.

I think he has a season ticket now actually, he seems to be at all our games.

Maybe the same report but he said on TV that Ayr were going to be in the top 3 at the end of the season.

Archived