The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

laugh.gif

In Euro 2008, I think it was David Pleat that in the first half of one of their matches kept calling them Czechoslovakia, but someone must have attempted to correct him at half time. The entire second half he was calling them the Republic of Czechoslovakia.

Having just checked my facts, it seems someone else noticed.

I remember when England played Slovakia, one of the commentators bemoaned why they had played the game in this shit stadium and not Prague...

Mmmm...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Came across this little gem on BBC Sportscene.

"FULL TIME: SC1: Queen of the South 4-1 Morton

Queen of the South scored four times in the first half to stun Morton and earn their FIRST league victory of the season. Kevin Smith's hat-trick and Tom Brighton's header sealed the win."

Obviously our win against Hamilton last week hasn't filtered through to them. The lazyness of the journalism in this country is truly astounding.

Surely that would be written by the BBC reporter at the game?

Since Sandra Brown (a QoS fan) was doing open all mikes and screaming like some kind of demented parrot at every goal. I assume it was her.

Today's Inverness Courier

It was at Hampden in April last year that Adams guided County to the most notable triumph in the club's short history - a 2-0 Scottish Cup semi-final sucess against Celtic.

I'm not disputing the most notable triumph part, but short history FFS. We've only been in existence for about 82 years! :lol:

Surely that would be written by the BBC reporter at the game?

Since Sandra Brown (a QoS fan) was doing open all mikes and screaming like some kind of demented parrot at every goal. I assume it was her.

Not sure that the sportscene piece would be written by her. Although you are right in your second comment. She quite often screams like a demented parrot. Doesn't always make a lot of sense!

Guest honestrae95
Ayr almost hit back immediately when Ryan McGowan's cross evaded everyone in the penalty area but Eddie Malone was unable to convert at the back post

Ryan McGowan left Ayr 18 months ago......classic bbc sport blunder

According to the BBC website Morton have a 38 man squad. I particularly like the sound of James Grady, Bryan Hodge and Stewart McCarthy. We should give them a run-out sometime.

B Trialist sounds like sum playa in the making. We'll need to nurture him well.

Archived