The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone here the Beeb reporter (Lady) from the Livvi Raith game today, as she stuttered and stumbled her way through the report, Brian Graham became David Graham, apology then eh ah but eh and eh........and it was not the burd from QOS.

Hopeless...:angry:

Did anyone here the Beeb reporter (Lady) from the Livvi Raith game today, as she stuttered and stumbled her way through the report, Brian Graham became David Graham, apology then eh ah but eh and eh........and it was not the burd from QOS.

are any of the burds they get to do it actually any gid

infact thats harsh are any of the open all mics reporters any good

except Jim Spence the Chris Kamara of scottish football

That was Jane Lewis, formely of Scotland Today fame.

are any of the burds they get to do it actually any gid

infact thats harsh are any of the open all mics reporters any good

except Jim Spence the Chris Kamara of scottish football

I seem to remember one of the guys last season having to ask the crowd at Forthbank who had scored for Dunfermline. I forget who it was though.

The "Open All Mics" coverage of First Division games is generally shit. However I'll admit bias on my part because games at Victoria Park get ignored and it's quite annoying. If I attended more home games I would genuinely fire away an e-mail to BBC Scotland saying I'll cover the game for free, just as long as they provide the equipment (and I believe the BBC have a broadcasting centre in Inverness so you would imagine they have some equipment).

I seem to remember a few weeks ago only three games were covered?

The "Open All Mics" coverage of First Division games is generally shit. However I'll admit bias on my part because games at Victoria Park get ignored and it's quite annoying. If I attended more home games I would genuinely fire away an e-mail to BBC Scotland saying I'll cover the game for free, just as long as they provide the equipment (and I believe the BBC have a broadcasting centre in Inverness so you would imagine they have some equipment).

I seem to remember a few weeks ago only three games were covered?

We were on most games last season as they wanted to cover the top two (that was the excuse)...now County are up there, you will be able to vent your spleen if the buggers change the tactics....bet they do...and will cover Countys away games as a softener...you know Ayr, Morton Partick Hamilton who appear in the natural pecking order before the east coast clubs never mind the heelands, you will have to get a female "Journalist" "fan" like Queens so that the buggers wont have the long long journey up the A9 to bugger up thier Saturdays....Rant over....

I don't dislike Sandra Browns coverage because she is a Queens fan.

I dislike it because she has an awful voice and is an awful football reporter.

Aye, exactly. The howling banshee act lost it's novelty after the first week, yet it seems like its been going on for about 4 years at this point.

She was asked by Richard Gordon how big the away crowd was as it sounded noisy. She said she couldn't see because a door was in the way but estimated 200. Then she said a Raith fan was making a rude gesture at her. Text comes in and gets read out by Gordon. Turns out it was Wolfman Jack that was 'making a rude gesture to her'. He was actually holding up five fingers to indicate 'five hundred away fans'. Heard that text being read out. What did she think the rude gesture was? - Do you want a fingering? Do you want to indulge in mutual masturbation?

She was asked by Richard Gordon how big the away crowd was as it sounded noisy. She said she couldn't see because a door was in the way but estimated 200. Then she said a Raith fan was making a rude gesture at her. Text comes in and gets read out by Gordon. Turns out it was Wolfman Jack that was 'making a rude gesture to her'. He was actually holding up five fingers to indicate 'five hundred away fans'. Heard that text being read out. What did she think the rude gesture was? - Do you want a fingering? Do you want to indulge in mutual masturbation?

She must have a fanny like a clowns pocket.

I think the reason they choose to cover certain games is partly due to the location of the reporters. In recent weeks Chick Young has reported on St Mirren, Ayr and Morton.

Scott Davie generally does Aberdeen, ICT, Dundee and occasionally Raith.

Derek Ferguson covered our game at Hamilton yesterday and I'm sure he's been at a few other games at NDP this season.

Just a few examples as this won't always be the case. But generally I think they try to make it as easy for their reporters as possible.

So you thought the BBC only fucked up with Scottish lower league football?

Front page......'Former Arsenal right-back Lee Dixon'.

Do the people who write the beeb football stuff actually know about football!? :huh:

So you thought the BBC only fucked up with Scottish lower league football?

Front page......'Former Arsenal right-back Lee Dixon'.

Do the people who write the beeb football stuff actually know about football!? :huh:

Where's the problem?

Maybe I know nothing about football :(

Wasn't Dixon their left back for 15 odd years?! I'm sure he was left footed at least.......!?!?

I suggest you send a grovelling apology to the BBC. He was a right-back.

Archived