The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the BBC have reported on Cameron Jerome's debut goal for Stoke against Dynamo Kiev last night. I thought perhaps they thought it was his first goal, rather than first start, but the report said Shotton set the debutant up for his goal. I was convinced I'd seen Jerome score already this season in the EL, and not off the bench. He has, it was a couple of months ago in the away tie against Dynamo Kiev. He has started other matches since too. I checked my facts using the BBC website.

I see the BBC have reported on Cameron Jerome's debut goal for Stoke against Dynamo Kiev last night. I thought perhaps they thought it was his first goal, rather than first start, but the report said Shotton set the debutant up for his goal. I was convinced I'd seen Jerome score already this season in the EL, and not off the bench. He has, it was a couple of months ago in the away tie against Dynamo Kiev. He has started other matches since too. I checked my facts using the BBC website.

Cameron Jerome didn't score last night. Kenwynne Jones did. :huh:

And he headed home a cross from Jermaine Pennant.

You sure you aren't reading a report of the previous game? ;)

Cameron Jerome didn't score last night. Kenwynne Jones did. :huh:

And he headed home a cross from Jermaine Pennant.

You sure you aren't reading a report of the previous game? ;)

Haha, looks like it! I actually watched the game last night and must have not only read a report from the previous game, but imagined that the previous game happened last night after reading the old report. bag.gif

I guess I am no longer entitled to post on this thread crying.gif

I'd second that. 6 months with Rangers, 10 years with Ayr United, still referred to as "ex-Rangers". Every club has them!

The Hamilton Advertiser's front page last week featured ex-Accies boss Ally Dawson who is involved in a local dispute in Larkhall. The headline, in the HAMILTON Advertiser, referred to him as ex-Gers skipper.

Maybe to be expected from people who call football "soccer", but neverthelesshuh.gif :

Falkirk boss Steven Pressley will demand a response from his squad after their 4-2 beating to third placed Dundee. With Dundee going into administration and being docked points, Pressley will want to distance himself from any other title contenders.

My link

Found this when searching for Dunfermline's last win at Ibrox for my SPLstats Twitter account.

Pars' Ibrox hoodoo

The Pars haven't beaten Rangers away in the league since New Year's Day, 1972, when Jim Leishman bagged the clincher in a 4-3 victory.

I think Anthony Haggarty has been using Soccerbase. It lists every single game before 1995 as being played on New Year's Day. The match was actually played in April 1972.

Today's First Division round-up in the not Scottish anymore Daily Record tells us Ayr United 'have' a played 'unavailable'. I hope the person responsible for that lives long enough to see their innards force fed to their weeping spouse.

Chic Young had a bit of a howler on OAM today.

"He;s equalised, Dunfermline have equalised!"

"No they;ve not"

"Yes they have"

"No they've not, it;s 2-1"

Young and Spence could quite easily have a thread each twice this long to themselves. Every week.

"Celtic manager Neil Lennon is believed to have promised goalkeeper Daniel Majstorovic a new contract if he continues his current run of good form.

Full story: Daily Mail"

Goalkeeper? Good Form?

interehjrling.png

:lol: Well, he's certainly not a centre half.

This from Keith Jackson's latest treatise on Sone Aluko.

and somewha Dunfermline, down with a w of control, tigh a marker han In one mov send his man turned insid game openin Aluko then 50 yards into GreggWylde o youngster's cr Nikica Jelavic for Rangers w breathing spac But in the g didn't really m produced a lit and technique paying punter than anything And this fro there who wa just to be a pa It really is a was Aluko wh £200,000 pun the early sign backed a winn His sense of already be be by the time hi he had picked Match award Mind you, t making the vi grand scheme of things, it matter. Aluko had just ttle golden nugget of skill e which gave 47,305 rs more value for money that came before or after. om the one player out as having to stump up art of it!

Best thing he's ever written if you ask me.

Sunday Mail and Record both report that saturday was Ross County's tenth league win a row when it was their ninth. Ten in a row if you count the cup win over Albion Rovers. Both papers have a new thing on page 2 where they say they will endeavour to correct any mistakes and publish clarifications asap. Saddo that I am, I e-mailed them yesterday about this and it didn't go through both times I tried.

Archived