The John Sweeney Appreciation Society

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played in all 44 games this season. Subbed only twice, missing 26 minutes of football of a possible 3,000+

Another brilliant season for Sweeney - I'd say his best yet actually, despite a lower goal tally than last season. I challenge ANYONE to say that he's been nothing but an amazing captain and a fantastic asset to the club. Oh ye of little faith :angel

He's a twat

Anyone got any pics of his dissapointed face staring at the ground as he walked up the tunnel yesterday?

He's came out on twitter and said he gave the banter to you lot and he accepts it. He actually walked down the tunnel with his hands on his head and a smile.

John Sweeney is a magnificent Captain. Leads by example and has a Rolls Royce Engine. Played over 150 games for Clyde FC. And will be close to 200 this time next year. Makes full use of all his ability and thats a fantastic trait to have in any football player. 100% every week. Cant ask for a lot more than that.

Sweeny certainly knows how to wind up the opposition fans.

Made eye contact on Saturday as i was near the front and he had me boiling. Gave him the traditional ham shank gesture and he just laughed.

Come full time i had calmed down enough to appreciate the banter and he`s ok in my book.

Apart from the long throws though he`s pretty shit, and slow as a carthorse, but certainly motivates the team.

And whats with the blue plasters on each leg?

Sweeny certainly knows how to wind up the opposition fans.

Made eye contact on Saturday as i was near the front and he had me boiling. Gave him the traditional ham shank gesture and he just laughed.

Come full time i had calmed down enough to appreciate the banter and he`s ok in my book.

Apart from the long throws though he`s pretty shit, and slow as a carthorse, but certainly motivates the team.

And whats with the blue plasters on each leg?

I`m sure the blue plasters on his legs are something to do with him having a Rolls Royce engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived