A great feeling at Cappielow..

Evidence for this clearly bullshitted claim please.

I recall one guy who has repeated this claim numerous times over the years.

You.

Pile of shite mate. Prove it or GTF ;)

I can recall Morton fans touting Alex Williams for Scotland too. Not saying it was all of them but some certainly did. I doubt there's any way to "prove it" now though.

Thats good enough evidence for me ;) .

No chance of proving it now though. It was back when he was scoring for fun in the dizzy heights of the 3rd division iirc.All the posts from back then are long gone.

Every fan in Scotland will have touted their best players for Scotland at one point or another.We are football fans we are all deluded.

No chance of proving it now though. It was back when he was scoring for fun in the dizzy heights of the 3rd division iirc.All the posts from back then are long gone.

If you can't prove your claims then they are unsubstantiated.

I guess it's up to the reader to determine whether Morton fans really wanted a Third Division striker in the Scotland side. Presumably playing alongside Michael Moore.

Difference is, the boy I am touting is 19 years old and has already moved for a fee rising to 700k. I also stated that he's be in the Scotland team in the future. McGowan is 24, hasn't moved for any kind of cash, and the St Mirren fans want him the Scotland squad now (ahead of who, I have no idea). Ergo, your comparison is ridiculous.

I didn't realise the criteria for getting into the Scotland squad was that the player had to move for some sort of fee. I always thought a player playing consistently well would be a good shout for the squad. In that case, it's a complete disgrace that Stewart Kean has never been in the Scotland squad, yet. Given that he is currently playing in the second division that may be a better comparison.

I didn't realise the criteria for getting into the Scotland squad was that the player had to move for some sort of fee. I always thought a player playing consistently well would be a good shout for the squad. In that case, it's a complete disgrace that Stewart Kean has never been in the Scotland squad, yet. Given that he is currently playing in the second division that may be a better comparison.

It's not a pre-requisite but what it does show is that Wallace has a decent market value and so is rated highly. McGowan won't move for anywhere near that. As I said though, it was a terrible comparison which you tried to draw as I'm sure you're aware.

How was it a comparison with McGowan? All that happened here is he's shown that even Falkirk fans have a tendency to overrate their players when it comes to international prospects.

You also said Murray Wallace would've sold for a "helluva lot" more if he were English. How much is a "helluva lot"? 4 times more? 5 times? Do you think Murray Wallace would've been bought for £3.5M had be been playing for Wycombe?

Edited by McKee

It's not a pre-requisite but what it does show is that Wallace has a decent market value and so is rated highly. McGowan won't move for anywhere near that. As I said though, it was a terrible comparison which you tried to draw as I'm sure you're aware.

I never tried to draw any comparison between the 2 players, you were the first to mention McGowan. I was pointing out that while you were laughing at St Mirren and St Johnstone fans for tipping average players for Scotland call-ups you were also guilty of it. You then came up with the terrible excuse of McGowan hasn't been sold for any money etc. I'm not tipping McGowan to be a Scotland regular or anything I think it would be a just reward for his continued great form this season. If McGowan were to be called up it wouldn't be a shock to most people on the SPL forum. I'd imagine McGowan will move for a decent fee in the summer providing he continues playing as well as he has been, possibly even greater than the £300k Falkirk got up front for Wallace. A better comparison which I will make would be Kenny McLean who if he moves in the summer will get a bigger fee than £300k. McGowan and McLean are competing against a higher standard of player every week than Wallace is unless we are playing Dunfermline.

Incidentally, has Wallace been involved at Scotland U19 or U21 at all? Given how good he must be, he will be starring in every game for either of those sides I imagine.

Edited by buddie06smfc

Never had much to say when we pumped you 5-0 you fanny.

Erm, I think you'll find I did.

Only the fans of complete nobodies like Waith sink off the site when they lose their crucial games. Like Queen of the South on Saturday. Unlucky. :(

Edited by vikingTON

Erm, I think you'll find I did.

Only the fans of complete nobodies like Waith sink off the site when they lose their crucial games. Like Queen of the South on Saturday. Unlucky. :(

Ha Ha thats a lulu...sigh!