A great feeling at Cappielow..

13 days too early with that post.wink.gif

Not really, whatever happens Morton will have taken 9/12 points at least from Ayr, without which we'd be packing our buckets and spades already.

No money

Maybe, but no where near as bad as some are making out. You have one of the biggest squads in the league, recently signed two players from the SPL and have Gus McPherson as manager. I find it very, very unlikely that Queenies have a bottom 3 budget.

Maybe, but no where near as bad as some are making out. You have one of the biggest squads in the league, recently signed two players from the SPL and have Gus McPherson as manager. I find it very, very unlikely that Queenies have a bottom 3 budget.

:lol:

I doubt very much if our squad of 16 senior players is one of the biggest in the league. And Im certain our budget will be in the 3 lowest.

Help me as I am confused . I admit to having been taken in by the Morton fans propaganda regarding Tidser. I was fearing his return and a resurgent Morton storming up the table . Him and Bachy sweeping all before him . I suppose its my fault for not keeping up to date on his latest injury . He is injured I take it , I mean he must be ?

Dear oh dear. McKee, redefining cluelessness since, well, forever really.

I doubt very much if our squad of 16 senior players is one of the biggest in the league. And Im certain our budget will be in the 3 lowest.

We have a 24 man squad currently, though that includes Andy Millen being a registered player (at 46) and 7 u19 squad fringe players who fill it out, one of whom hit the vital winner yesterday. Two of those, Orsi and Degnan, haven't been near the first team all season (Orsi has been recovering from a cruciate injury) and a third, Ian McShane, hasn't been seen in a first team squad October 1st and only that once since August.

It does make the squad list look lengthy but in reality it's not. As you say, 16 senior players and one of those, McCusker, is out of the rest of the season. Though granted that doesn't change the cost of the squad any. We brought in Potter and Parkin during the January window and moved on McKenzie and Campbell to help finance it. We're working with only one senior keeper at the moment which is a wee bit of a worry as we've had a 17 year old sitting on the bench since New Year.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Yes, I doubt that too, I wasn't suggesting that. You're probably right tbh. It was a stupid statement to make, I apologize. What I had set out to say was somethung like - I don't think the Qots wage budget will be so low that it is cut adrift from everyone else. There won't be much between what the bottom few clubs are paying, IMO.

Figures or GTFO.