A great feeling at Cappielow..

Ayr United don't retain any.old club history. We were established in 1910. Your clearly a complete.Muppet so I'll leave u to debate with anyone stupid enough to take u seriously. Good day to u and fingers crossed that one day u might see the mighty Morton at hampden

Maybe you'll see your beloved Ayr United come out of the seaside leagues in your lifetime. Wouldn't get my hopes up though.

Maybe you'll see your beloved Ayr United come out of the seaside leagues in your lifetime. Wouldn't get my hopes up though.

I have seen that. Never had the pleasure of seeing them.go to the 3rd on sporting merit though :(

Fun with Facts fact check: you may recall, earlier in the thread, a certain AUFC90 (if that is his real name) claiming that he'd like to focus on the results of recent seasons. So let's do that now, shall we?

Since I started supporting Morton, Morton have risen up the league pyramid 23 places. Ayr United have fallen 11. Morton have two league titles to their name, Ayr United have zero. Morton's highest finish is 2nd in the First Division: Ayr 6th in the same division. That being the only season Ayr have played in the First Division, not to have been relegated, in my time watching Scottish football. Ayr have been relegated no less than three times in that period: I have never seen Morton relegated.

In the head-to-heads (AUFC90's desperate straw-clutching material bar none), Morton have registered 11 league wins to Ayr's 6. Morton have won eight of the last 12 matches. In the First Division, Morton won 6 from 8: including a 4-1 destroying of Ayr in 2011, and personally relegating Ayr to the seaside leagues in 2010.

Ayr have finished above Morton twice. Those two occasions being the first two years of Morton's rise. Morton have now finished above Ayr for nine consecutive seasons, and due to Ayr's abysmal showing last season, are guaranteed to secure a tenth consecutive season.

Forever living in our shadow.

greggy.png

So in your time supporting Morton you've watched them average 22nd in Scotland, averaging bottom of the 1st, rolled up when they started winning in the 4th tier,never witnessed a cup run.

And you feel entitled to snigger at lots of people who've witnessed less fail.

My kids witnessed Ayr do far better in their 1st 11 seasons than fail you've witnessed and they've had to put up with a pile of pish.

If you'd rolled up b4 the glory years you'd have witnessed you mob robbing everyone blind and managing to finish bottom of the 3rd tier.

A statistician of your lofty stature really should be able to subtract 14 from 33 a wee bit better.

Edited by ayrmad

Fun with Facts fact check: you may recall, earlier in the thread, a certain AUFC90 (if that is his real name) claiming that he'd like to focus on the results of recent seasons. So let's do that now, shall we?

Since I started supporting Morton, Morton have risen up the league pyramid 23 places. Ayr United have fallen 11. Morton have two league titles to their name, Ayr United have zero. Morton's highest finish is 2nd in the First Division: Ayr 6th in the same division. That being the only season Ayr have played in the First Division, not to have been relegated, in my time watching Scottish football. Ayr have been relegated no less than three times in that period: I have never seen Morton relegated.

In the head-to-heads (AUFC90's desperate straw-clutching material bar none), Morton have registered 11 league wins to Ayr's 6. Morton have won eight of the last 12 matches. In the First Division, Morton won 6 from 8: including a 4-1 destroying of Ayr in 2011, and personally relegating Ayr to the seaside leagues in 2010.

Ayr have finished above Morton twice. Those two occasions being the first two years of Morton's rise. Morton have now finished above Ayr for nine consecutive seasons, and due to Ayr's abysmal showing last season, are guaranteed to secure a tenth consecutive season.

Forever living in our shadow.

greggy.png

5FA6MB6.jpg:thumsup2

Disappointed to hear young Declan has signed for 'them' up the road.A good young prospect...was it just the lure of potential SPL experience ...or something else.Seems a bit of a waste of the time and coaching invested really....shame.

Or a thread about favourite Semi-Final or Cup Final moments.

For those who may not have experienced this here is a little taster...

Thanks for giving us a photo of you winning nothing. Feel free to attach a photo again of you winning nothing this season, next season, etc.

Disappointed to hear young Declan has signed for 'them' up the road.A good young prospect...was it just the lure of potential SPL experience ...or something else.Seems a bit of a waste of the time and coaching invested really....shame.

Probably lured away by a club higher up in the 'Fun with Facts' league table :rolleyes:

Oh this really is comedy gold material.

C'mon VT, Fun with Facts has outgrown this thread. For ease of reference I think you should start a separate thread to keep all these fun facts handy.

It really would be crowd pleaser.

I agree - this has taken a pretty good turn of late.

VT's an unusual fellow, but he's good at what he does. I, for one, salute his indefatigability.

I'll admit that lines like "compare with Ayr's slither into parody over the same period" do raise a genuine chuckle.

Thanks for giving us a photo of you winning nothing. Feel free to attach a photo again of you winning ...

I'm sorry MacWatt disappointed you VT, I will post one instead. No, scrub that. As it's Saturday night have a double. :P

30ljrmf.jpg

2mm719d.jpg

kafpjb.jpg

Edited by qos_75

I'm sorry MacWatt disappointed you VT, I will post one instead. No, scrub that. As it's Saturday night have a double. :P

30ljrmf.jpg2mm719d.jpgkafpjb.jpg

I wonder if the word "significance" might crop up in the response offered by our favourite member of the 1922 committee.

Just took a swatch at the Morton forum to see some general opinion on young Declan McDaid. Christ, some of you aren't half seething about his move :lol:

Confused rather than seething for me anyway tbh. I don't understand why he would go to Partick to play for the reserves or sit on the bench at best, rather than stay at Cappielow and get some first team football. At his age, getting first team games under his belt is very important and that is unlikely to happen at Firhill in the short run at least.

Confused rather than seething for me anyway tbh. I don't understand why he would go to Partick to play for the reserves or sit on the bench at best, rather than stay at Cappielow and get some first team football. At his age, getting first team games under his belt is very important and that is unlikely to happen at Firhill in the short run at least.

What was paid in compensation?

Congratulations on wining a trophy held in as high esteem as the Renfrewshire Cup. We've got dozens of those.

Congratulations on wining a trophy held in as high esteem as the Renfrewshire Cup. We've got dozens of those.

Significance / esteem - I was close

Out of interest, how many senior clubs, involved in nationwide leagues, compete each year for the Renfrewshire Cup?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Significance / esteem - I was close

Out of interest, how many senior clubs, involved in nationwide leagues, compete each year for the Renfrewshire Cup?

Just Morton, St Mirren reserves and a couple of amateur teams, Viewfield and AN Other of even less significance