A great feeling at Cappielow..

He'll do for that shower, telling the squad in March that they were getting pumped at the end of the season didn't help him in his 1st season up, the 2nd time his lack of belief cost us a comfortable finishing position.

Morton can do better than Reid comfortably. It isn't even up for question. As for finishing in a comfortable position, there was no danger are were better than ourselves (when Brian Graham hit top form and with Casa adding to our attack) and a Morton team with Tidser and Bachirou. Ayr have been rancid both times they've been up and have swiftly returned to where they belong.

Morton can do better than Reid comfortably. It isn't even up for question. As for finishing in a comfortable position, there was no danger are were better than ourselves (when Brian Graham hit top form and with Casa adding to our attack) and a Morton team with Tidser and Bachirou. Ayr have been rancid both times they've been up and have swiftly returned to where they belong.

How many times did you watch them the last time?

I was unfortunate enough to only catch them four times. Of course, I would've loved to catch an Ayr side which was clearly a free-flowing, ultra-offensive team which was unfairly relegated at the expense of teams which actually did their job.

I was unfortunate enough to only catch them four times. Of course, I would've loved to catch an Ayr side which was clearly a free-flowing, ultra-offensive team which was unfairly relegated at the expense of teams which actually did their job.

There was nothing unfair about it, we preferred the cautious approach at the wrong time of the season, you get what you deserve when you don't show bravery in sport IMHO.

Reid gets an unfair amount of stick on here. He took an Ayr side that seemed determined to live in the Second for posterity up in his first full season, repeated the feat after relegation, and then had a squad in the First that the fans largely bonded with and who took SPL scalps left right and centre. He made plenty of mistakes but is far from the worst young manager to have competed at this level.

That said, he's manifestly not the right man to keep Morton up this season, especially considering that right now he's in the Far East apparently losing a one-horse race.

Novo player-manager. Now that would be hilarious.

I'd be interested to know how many wins the Raith fan witnessed against Ayr in our last season up?

None, but I'd rather pick up one point against a team, stay up and improve the squad than pick up ten points and return to seaside obscurity. Cling to those wins if you want, I'm having too much fun watching Cardle and co.

You choose to miss the point. If Reid was so bad surely he would not come close to holding the upper hand in head-to-heads against McGlynn's Raith Rovers? It hurt you at the time and it's obviously still hurting.

:lol: So, Rovers have won a league and went on to stay in the first division for four seasons. Ayr have had a brief flirtation with this level but failed to establish themselves. Why would I be hurting over that? Reid might have won a few battles against Rovers, but he lost the important ones in the process of losing the war.

Anyway, lets hope there isn't a great feeling at Cappielow come Saturday.

:lol: So, Rovers have won a league and went on to stay in the first division for four seasons. Ayr have had a brief flirtation with this level but failed to establish themselves. Why would I be hurting over that? Reid might have won a few battles against Rovers, but he lost the important ones in the process of losing the war.

Anyway, lets hope there isn't a great feeling at Cappielow come Saturday.

Hey! The Janny and his cat can have a great feeling at Cappielow on Saturday. I don't grudge them that. Meanwhile the Morton team will be at Stark's Park, hopefully suffering another defeat.

This may lead to a sacky feeling at Cappielow. I'd love to see the sweetie man doing his Alan Sugar impression. They should film it for posterity.

Point missed again. Anyway, this is a Morton thread, so let's agree to differ. I think Reid would do a job for them (if properly funded by Wonka), you don't.

Apologies to all non Ayr and Raith fans for hi-jacking the thread.

The important bit, he's always achieved roughly what his budget dictated he should, Lee Evans has spunked a fortune for a few months of hope.

If Morton are going to look for a new manager, Rae should be looking at putting in a bit of money and going for Ian Murray. If they can't get him, then they should look along a similar basis as opposed to someone who has tried and failed twice already.

A Queens fan the other day said he'd like to see them go for Murray and I still can't see him moving to another team in this division, except for maybe Dundee but even then I'm not so sure. He's already doing a great job in this division and I think he'll be looking to the Premiership or a club down south when he does go.

A Queens fan the other day said he'd like to see them go for Murray and I still can't see him moving to another team in this division, except for maybe Dundee but even then I'm not so sure. He's already doing a great job in this division and I think he'll be looking to the Premiership or a club down south when he does go.

I'd think Murray would go to a bigger club, as I've said before, either in the SPFL Prem or down south. However, Morton have the backing of Rae who might be tempted to part with a bit of cash in order to get one of the best up and coming managers in the lower leagues.