A great feeling at Cappielow..

Disgusting attitude from 10 of 11 players today. Wish I hadn't bothered with a season ticket ... 

Out of interest, which one has escaped your criticism from today's display?

Morton players just looked done when the second goal went in, just a knowing attitude that it's over now, a very visible 'chucking it' came over them as soon as the goal went in.

What a hoot this thread title is.

At least Morton won't look out of place in the seaside leagues.

They have a ground fit for it, and to think 12 months ago they were making preparations for the SPL.

Edited by Gaz FFC

What a hoot this thread title is.

At least Morton won't look out of place in the seaside leagues.

They have a ground fit for it, and to think 12 months ago they were making preparations for the SPL.

And but five months ago, they were going daft over a friendly in which Cham (remember him) scored a couple.

The good feeling was apparently back.

And but five months ago, they were going daft over a friendly in which Cham (remember him) scored a couple.

The good feeling was apparently back.

I remember that, Cham this Cham that, top scorer in championship without a doubt.

Serious question now though, do Morton fans think they can get out of this? Surely they have got too much in the team to go down?

The thing that must disappoint Morton fans most is that they have nowhere near the worst squad in the league, yet they are cut adrift at the bottom. They have the players to be at least a mid table side, they showed that when they went to Parkhead and won and when they were unlucky against St Johnstone.

The problem is the players don't care enough to try. They're just ripping the pish out the fans week after week after week. They will almost certainly be relegated now and missing out on next years money train will put them behind the teams who will benefit from it for years.

Promotion to the top flight for Morton is as far away now as its ever been since they were last there over 20 years ago.

What a shame :(

The thing that must disappoint Morton fans most is that they have nowhere near the worst squad in the league, yet they are cut adrift at the bottom. They have the players to be at least a mid table side, they showed that when they went to Parkhead and won and when they were unlucky against St Johnstone.

The problem is the players don't care enough to try. They're just ripping the pish out the fans week after week after week. They will almost certainly be relegated now and missing out on next years money train will put them behind the teams who will benefit from it for years.

Promotion to the top flight for Morton is as far away now as its ever been since they were last there over 20 years ago.

What a shame :(

You wouldn't be taking the sarcastic approach and rubbing it in because your two clubs have history?

You wouldn't be taking the sarcastic approach and rubbing it in because your two clubs have history?

We haven't been in the same division for what will be 15 years next season. Any history between the clubs is now pretty ancient history.

I would love to be in the same league as Morton, it would be fantastic news for us financially. Sadly it's looking further away than ever.

I don't think Morton are doomed just yet. If Shiels gets them sorted they could claw it back. Big if, but still possible

Really? Play off is probably the best they can hope for now, and even that's going to require a bit of a footballing miracle.

They left it far too late to get rid of Moore.

Really? Play off is probably the best they can hope for now, and even that's going to require a bit of a footballing miracle.

They left it far too late to get rid of Moore.

Agree with your last point but they are only 9 points off Cowdenbeath with 17 games to go. I'm guessing two of those seventeen are against Cowden so win them and they are only 3 points adrift with another 15 games to narrow the gap. It's a big ask but if Shiels gets them playing as a team they could easily start picking up wins from the teams around about them. As I said a big if but not exactly beyond the realms of footballing possibility

Agree with your last point but they are only 9 points off Cowdenbeath with 17 games to go. I'm guessing two of those seventeen are against Cowden so win them and they are only 3 points adrift with another 15 games to narrow the gap. It's a big ask but if Shiels gets them playing as a team they could easily start picking up wins from the teams around about them. As I said a big if but not exactly beyond the realms of footballing possibility

Morton poster yesterday mentioned winning against the teams directly above them. You obviously took him seriously

They have the players to be at least a mid table side, they showed that when they went to Parkhead and won.....

That was Celtic Reserves they played that night. No Forster, Matthews, Izaguirre, Forrest, Ledley, Samaras, Commons or Stokes until the subs came on well into the second half.

Edited by Beachbum