A great feeling at Cappielow..

Page Is confirmed as signing for us. I know you guys didn't rate him but can you give any more info on him? can he cover at fullback for example?

He's really slow, terrible distribution, alright in the air, he will get bullied off big strikers. He only played centre half with us, so I'm not sure if he can play fullback.

Not built for full back at all. He's a big carthorse centre back with no real redeeming attributes to speak of. Not physically or technically good enough for professional football IMO.

Edited by GiGi

Page Is confirmed as signing for us. I know you guys didn't rate him but can you give any more info on him? can he cover at fullback for example?

I'm stuck for positives tbh. He was a part of a piss poor defence, so he may have been brought down to a level below his capability.

He is a decent enough player but doesn't seem to have a particular position he is great in. Player for us at CB, DM and CF and was not too bad in any of them but didn't stand out either. He is nowhere near as good as Scougall though - that is a massive downgrade IMO.

What's Habai like, Morton fans? Good to see we've moved very quickly to fill the void left by Scougall's departure, but it's another story if he can fit into his role within our system.

He's excellent. Perfect replacement for Scougall. So good in fact that he couldn't get a game for us. Tough and committed, but no great loss tbh.

Is it true Deeks is training with Morton?

Surely after 11 0r 12 weeks of training with Alloa he would be worth a punt. Gary O' and himself playing together would be magic and I'm sure they would help to keep your fine club up!

Next season could be a good one financially if you manage to stay up with Jambo's and The Rangers heading for this division :thumsup2 .

Is it true Deeks is training with Morton?

Surely after 11 0r 12 weeks of training with Alloa he would be worth a punt. Gary O' and himself playing together would be magic and I'm sure they would help to keep your fine club up!

Next season could be a good one financially if you manage to stay up with Jambo's and The Rangers heading for this division :thumsup2 .

Nope, he agreed to come in and train with us, and then didn't turn up because he's apparently been offered a chance to sign for Antwerp in Belgium. Didn't even have the courtesy to let Kenny Shiels know that he wasn't coming after all, despite all his bleating to the media about not being given a chance by anyone.

Compare his attitude to that of Garry O'Connor, who trained for 2 weeks before signing, and has only had good things to say, while taking full blame for the failures in his career.

I don't think that we're missing out on anything.

He's really slow, terrible distribution, alright in the air, he will get bullied off big strikers. He only played centre half with us, so I'm not sure if he can play fullback.

Not built for full back at all. He's a big carthorse centre back with no real redeeming attributes to speak of. Not physically or technically good enough for professional football IMO.

Hmm, not glowing reports by any stretch. Hopefully he'll do better with ourselves - Thistle fans said we were taking on a dud when we signed Ryan Scully on loan from them but he's been terrific for us.

At least the deal is just to the end of the season. If it works out for all parties then happy days, but if it doesn't then he's at least provided us with defensive cover. How long has been at Morton anyway?

It's hilarious to see the fan of a club entering its 95th year living in our long, cold and dark shadow desperately rebranding their status as 'taunting'. Nobody's impressed.

That can't be a 95th successive year surely?

Do you really get shadows that can be cast upwards over a distance of two divisions?

Do you really get shadows that can be cast upwards over a distance of two divisions?

As has already been established, VT cannot remember many seasons when his team have finished above us in the league. I think at the last count it was three.

The facts are instructive and have been done to death on here. For a choice selection, the club with ample experience of slumming it in the seaside leagues are Queen of the South (roughly half of their campaigns since the 1970s spent at that level), while Morton's workman-like league campaign just last season surpassed that of any Queen of the South side since the 1950s.

Gutter.

He can hardly remember his team finishing above Arbroath never mind a superior outfit in ourselves.

Erm, we finished above both just last season. :1eye I didn't know the Ayr fans shit comebacks were actually contagious in the seaside league forums, will be sure to guard against that next season.