A great feeling at Cappielow..

I went along to the game at NDP today as a spirited neutral - until I remembered how much I fucking hate Accies.

Anyhow, first half fairly awful for Morton - desperately needed someone to drop deep from midfield when the back four were in possession and as soon as this started happening in the second they began to look the better side. A terrible miss from a second ball midway through the second half would have been the turning point in the match - who knows what would have happened.

Also two atrocious missed half-volleys from no.17. Ultimately Morton didn't look like a side that have taken 9 points from half a season. They consistently looked dangerous from set pieces, and i reckon they'll pick up - beginning with a win at Dumbarton to close the gap to 9.

Anyway, bookmark this all you like. Morton WILL stay up.

surely cant just be tidser and macdonald leaving?

Probably Hardie leaving too. We miss someone with a bit of dig in the middle of the park. Adding to that a few players who were excellent last season going off form dramatically, Taggart and Reid for starters.

what do morton fans think is the difference between promotion candidates last season to relegation candidates this season? surely cant just be tidser and macdonald leaving?

Between Tidser, Hardie and Peaso we lost about 40 goals and christ knows how many assists. So yes, it's very much the reason we're struggling when we replace them with shite.

My Team: Ayr United.

:lol:

Aye, fair comment.

There hasn't been a "Great Feeling" at Somerset since 1977 I'm afraid.

Still, chuckling at this thread is sare on ma ribs......

Edited by Tryfield

what do morton fans think is the difference between promotion candidates last season to relegation candidates this season? surely cant just be tidser and macdonald leaving?

Tidser has been a huge miss for us. He was the driving force behind last season - selling him for £50k was a massively stupid thing to do. MacDonald also really helped us stay at the top, although he only started about half our games - similar situation with Hardie as well. The loss of MacDonald and Hardie explain why we aren't near the top, the loss of tidser explains why we're near the bottom.

The rest is down to smaller but significant differences. It was a season too far for McLaughlin. We miss the influence of rutkewiecz at the back and weatherson up front. We replaced a decent left back with a horror show of a left back. We failed to bring in a decent forward, and generally brought in players who are well below the required level.

Presumably the sweetie man thought that you could replace these players with cheaper journeymen pros and not win the league, but still be comfortably mid table. And now he's throwing his cash savings back at the club to try to avoid relegation.

If Morton meet Dunfermline in the playoffs I'd be really conflicted...

I went along to the game at NDP today as a spirited neutral - until I remembered how much I fucking hate Accies.

Anyhow, first half fairly awful for Morton - desperately needed someone to drop deep from midfield when the back four were in possession and as soon as this started happening in the second they began to look the better side. A terrible miss from a second ball midway through the second half would have been the turning point in the match - who knows what would have happened.

Also two atrocious missed half-volleys from no.17. Ultimately Morton didn't look like a side that have taken 9 points from half a season. They consistently looked dangerous from set pieces, and i reckon they'll pick up - beginning with a win at Dumbarton to close the gap to 9.

Anyway, bookmark this all you like. Morton WILL stay up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJGk4ofc18

Tidser has been a huge miss for us. He was the driving force behind last season - selling him for £50k was a massively stupid thing to do., the loss of tidser explains why we're near the bottom.

Its gonna be a huge boot in knackers for Morton fans if Tidser, as heavily rumoured, is heading to Firhill!!

Remember your tear-stained breakdown about Hamilton 'cheats' and their attendance after Saturday's result? Jog on champ.

At what point did I say they were cheating? I said they were poor, which they are. And that their attendance is poor, which is also true.

You make an arse of yourself on here. Time for you to jog on.

I do:

You can almost taste the tears. I bet he mashed his fists onto the keyboard to type.

I was disappointed with the result, but nowhere near raging. I pretty much accepted the fact we're going down a few weeks ago, as much as I hope we don't, we will.