A great feeling at Cappielow..

You really kicked on from that Celtic win though didn't you?

Well we could have lost to Celtic, and, instead of Cowdenbeath, be heading for a seemingly inevitable play-off cuffing at the hands of Dunfermline in the final. Or we could be where we are now, having pumped them.

I know which version of the season I'd take.

That's the spirit VT. Remember and tell the seasiders of your second place last year. They love that sort of chat.

While I am sure the joy of last year's 'successful' second place finish will live with you for a long time, it masks an unpalatable truth.

Morton have only finished above us in the league on three occasions since you started watching them. This season has only served to restore the natural order of things I'm afraid.

It masks absolutely nothing. Just last season, representing a relatively small crest in the soaring history of GMFC, the side surpassed any campaign witnessed by a Queen of the South fan since the 1950s. This rather appropriately outlines the complete insignificance of your humdrum club, not to mention a peerless acquaintance with the seaside leagues - having spent no less than half of your seasons down there since reconstruction in the 1970s.

Unlucky.

It masks absolutely nothing. Just last season, representing a relatively small crest in the soaring history of GMFC, the side surpassed any campaign witnessed by a Queen of the South fan since the 1950s. This rather appropriately outlines the complete insignificance of your humdrum club, not to mention a peerless acquaintance with the seaside leagues - having spent no less than half of your seasons down there since reconstruction in the 1970s.

Unlucky.

Not so fast hotshot. You have witnessed Morton bumping about the seaside leagues a fair few times too. How many seasons will it be now?

Moving on, are you going to have a Fun With Facts Relegation Special?

If you are I think it would be good if you could detail some fun facts relating to all the teams in the division. It's a winner!

Still, after all these years, VT still gets bites with the same material. It really is staggering.

Not at all. We can all see what he is doing but like to indulge him. VT is our very own Bulgarian, dancing bear.

Still, after all these years, VT still gets bites with the same material. It really is staggering.

Some people find it hard to tell the difference between someone seeking bites and someone actually being a moron. After all this time I suspect the lines are blurred even in VT's head

Edited by roverthemoon

Not so fast hotshot. You have witnessed Morton bumping about the seaside leagues a fair few times too. How many seasons will it be now?

Moving on, are you going to have a Fun With Facts Relegation Special?

If you are I think it would be good if you could detail some fun facts relating to all the teams in the division. It's a winner!

Next season will be our 8th season in our history spent outside of the top 2 divisions, and the 7th season this century (the other being in 94/95). Incidentally, this is almost certain to be our worst ever league season outside of the top flight (and we still need to pick up points to avoid it being our very worst ever).

Some people find it hard to tell the difference between someone seeking bites and someone actually being a moron. After all this time I suspect the lines are blurred even in VT's head

I don't think it's blurred at all, he's using the same arguments he was using 5 years ago and still people react to it.

Bonus fun fact: Clyde have been relegated 14 times, and are therefore by anyone's measure "Scotland's most relegated team".

Thanks for playing anyway.

Morton would win the award for "Scotland's most relegated team in an hilarious fashion." IMO.

Hope he bites at this, written by one of his own:

I know over the course you are a decent enough guy from speaking to our mutual friends, albeit socially awkward, and your grasp of being able to start an argument on the internet is second to none.

But your persona (and that's what it is) on here now is wearing thin. You can dance around anyone verbally - myself included - but a lot of the times you're skating a very thin line between criticism and outright abuse. Doesn't matter if that is levied at other posters or Morton players/backroom staff. I know for a fact you'd never say this stuff in real life to anyone.

The Vikington character is becoming a parody of its former self, which is actually very sad to see as when you do make valid contributions now it means absolutely nothing.

I know over the course you are a decent enough guy from speaking to our mutual friends, albeit socially awkward, and your grasp of being able to start an argument on the internet is second to none.

But your persona (and that's what it is) on here now is wearing thin. You can dance around anyone verbally - myself included - but a lot of the times you're skating a very thin line between criticism and outright abuse. Doesn't matter if that is levied at other posters or Morton players/backroom staff. I know for a fact you'd never say this stuff in real life to anyone.

The Vikington character is becoming a parody of its former self, which is actually very sad to see as when you do make valid contributions now it means absolutely nothing.

I've said it before, VT is Greenock's answer to Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory, without the East Texas drawl ;)

Edited by Wee Sandy

If people ignored him you'd probably see a difference in his posting style. People keep reacting, he'll keep going.

I don't think it's blurred at all, he's using the same arguments he was using 5 years ago and still people react to it.

I'm guessing there will always be people relatively new to the forum who take people's comments at face value so its not exactly hard to get bites. The real question is after five years why would you still crave them? Suspect not even VT knows the answer to that one