A great feeling at Cappielow..

Does any Morton actually know who Foxbarton is ? Never has so much, been owed by so many, to one individual.

Not sure but there is a blue plaque dedicated to him at the entrance of The Norseman public house.

#Posterity

Edited by jagfox144

Thats a fucking rough place . I take it you have been in ?

Aye, not really rough just manky. Usually go into the town centre prematch now. Bankhouse is okay and has live football ;)

Does any Morton actually know who Foxbarton is ? Never has so much, been owed by so many, to one individual.

Aye, he posts (very rarely) as delboy66 on the Morton forum. Met him a couple of times and he isn't the sharpest tool in the box, but a decent enough guy. He posted regularly for a wee while on our forum a few years back and it didn't generally work out too well for him, but nothing ever backfired as spectacularly as this thread of course.

He's a barman in a St. Mirren pub in Paisley so is probably used to getting torn to pieces about Morton- nice of him to just disappear though and leave the rest of us with his mess on a more public platform.

Aye, he posts (very rarely) as delboy66 on the Morton forum. Met him a couple of times and he isn't the sharpest tool in the box, but a decent enough guy. He posted regularly for a wee while on our forum a few years back and it didn't generally work out too well for him, but nothing ever backfired as spectacularly as this thread of course.

He's a barman in a St. Mirren pub in Paisley so is probably used to getting torn to pieces about Morton- nice of him to just disappear though and leave the rest of us with his mess on a more public platform.

I will be honest and say that you lads have taken the torrent of abuse coming your way very well indeed. Far better than we ( Queens) as a group would have in simiar circumstances . Such is the effect one Morton poster- and I don't mean foxbarton - has eh ? Time to take a gap year for yourselves and concentrate on coming back stronger . While the First Div is poor, no one is going to roll over for you . It will be tough. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

I think I hate Morton fans more than I hate the fucking morons who are picking up a free wage from our club, some absolute helmets on our very own msg board. If you want a laugh go and take a look, it's like listening to a bunch of old guys having banter in a pub.

I think I hate Morton fans more than I hate the fucking morons who are picking up a free wage from our club, some absolute helmets on our very own msg board. If you want a laugh go and take a look, it's like listening to a bunch of old guys having banter in a pub.

The Hound Him Out thread was comedy gold.

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Are Morton going to retain their full time status next season in League 1? I sincerely hope not as I would fancy us to challenge for the league title otherwise.

If you were to go part time would you keep any of your players or would it be a complete clear out? Would Shiels stay?

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Are Morton going to retain their full time status next season in League 1? I sincerely hope not as I would fancy us to challenge for the league title otherwise.

If you were to go part time would you keep any of your players or would it be a complete clear out? Would Shiels stay?

Interviews with the chairman in the papers tomorrow, so hopefully we'll know more soon. I can't imagine that many of the same players will be there next season in any case. There's a handful that I'd probably keep, but tbh I wouldnt care if they all went.

Shiels will probably stay, but that would be a big mistake IMO.

He's been unmasked like a shit Mexican wrestler. I'd love to boot him up his sequinned ronson for setting us up so fkn Royally

He's been unmasked like a shit Mexican wrestler. I'd love to boot him up his sequinned ronson for setting us up so fkn Royally

Yes, Foxbarton does deserve immense credit for launching a thread of such beauty.

It would be foolish and unfair however to overlook the hugely significant, wildly hubristic nonsense of others, back in the early days when the thread could count its pages in single figures. McKie is worthy of particular praise in this regard.

Neither should we overlook the sterling work of that fine band of fans who got crazily carried away by that Cham inspired Renfrewshire Cup win back in the summer.

Top work fellas.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spfl/shiels-future-in-doubt-157916n.23845340

So, Rae comes out in the paper slating his own manager's performance, and more or less accusing him of fluffing his way through the interview.

Shiels wont last the season after that I wouldn't think.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spfl/shiels-future-in-doubt-157916n.23845340

So, Rae comes out in the paper slating his own manager's performance, and more or less accusing him of fluffing his way through the interview.

What a shambles of a club :lol:

From that interview, unless Shiels starts smiling again, and soon, he'll be getting his P45.

Even if he lasts the summer, gone by October?

Edited by Scary Bear

Shiels usually comes across as 'trying too hard to be seen as intelligent'.

His time at Morton has been a complete disaster, and probably a fairly costly one. His next gig will be back in the Irish leagues if he's lucky.