A great feeling at Cappielow..

Morton hoping to avoid getting ahead of themselves next season by signing suspended players and injury prone old crocks to ensure a drubbing on match day one :P

What a fanny you are!

Wee bit off topic (if this thread ever really had a topic) but WTF happened to the "who should I follow" thread and our "American" friend?

Edited by RoversMad

1336922200[/url]' post='6231587']

Ah, still missing the entire point of it I see.

Ayr and Queens are shit. However, our followers know this.

The humour comes from the fact that Morton are very nearly as shit, yet at the start, some thought they were set for great things.

The fact that Ayr and Queens went down changes none of this.

Do you really, really accept that your team is shit?

Ah, still missing the entire point of it I see.

Ayr and Queens are shit. However, our followers know this.

The humour comes from the fact that Morton are very nearly as shit, yet at the start, some thought they were set for great things.

The fact that Ayr and Queens went down changes none of this.

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

This is the best Morton team I have seen in a long time & I have been going to Cappielow since 1973 so have saw the good times & lots of bad ones also. Could this really be there time for SPL football I think they have the players but We have to wrap Macdonald & Jackson in cotton wool & keep them both fit Tidser also will be a very important Player for us in the Midfield.

But when You look & the bench We have Weatherson, Campbell, & Bachirou itching to get back in the team after Saturdays trip to Dumfries We play Partick on the Friday Night then Hamilton, & Falkirk all within the space of a few short Weeks we really could be Top by a few points can we really keep going & stay top of the League I think & hope We can..biggrin.gif

......................hope springs eternal.

By far the most entertaining thread for a long time.biggrin.gif

Ok they maybe did'nt win the league, but they certainly won at Dens on Boxing Day.dry.gif...still a pretty massive achievement.

And don't forget that Ayr and Queens got relegated; thus rendering Foxbarton's 'Morton for the Title' predictions, somehow uncannily accurate.

Jesus - horrendous to think what the spring in our step was like in the 1st quarter of the season. How easy it was to justify the cost of Dundee away and how you looked forward to a game during the week.

Would be good to think we'd manage something this season - but assuming our budget will be cut and we'll have just as tight a squad it seems unlikely that anything will materialise.

Still - you never know, perhaps we'll work some miracles or get a cup run going at the very least.

• 2 weeks later...