The Wire

BradHorse

Season 2's strangely polarising. For what it's worth it's probably my favourite, it's certainly between it and 4 anyway, but it seems to be commonly cited as one of the weakest.

I really liked that a completely new set of characters and setting were given such emphasis in it.

I hated ziggy, couldn't understand how someone could be so constantly stupid!

Although I did like season 2, the wire is possibly my favourite tv show ever but I thought season 5 was a bit silly with the faked serial killer story line!

My order of favourite seasons would go 3-4-1-2-5

The drop off between 2 and 5 thought is quite big in comparison to seperating the others

It's what makes the Wire so great is that everyone can take something completely different from the show. In my view, season 2 edges season 4 (just)becuase initially I hated Ziggy with a passion, seriously pissed me off. However, by the end of season 2 I couldn't help feel sorry for him and the mess he got himself in.

Also throughout the whole 5 season's -

I always had the fear that Bubs may not make it, don't think I could have handled it if the writers had killed Bubs in anyway

The tougher debate is, which season has the best theme music?

Can't remember which season it was, but it was defo the "Down in the Hole" song.

Just finished the last episode. The final episode was brilliant (much better than Breaking Bad's ending imo)... someone's already posted it but Snoop's death scene moved me greatly. Like everyone, when she first came, I thought she was just an annoying (male) kid trying to act hard. Yet the show's characters were developed so well, that by the end, in spite the fact that she was a ruthless murderer and never once displayed any femininity whatsoever, her final words, "How do my hair look man?" were genuinely moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHT-VOLVFzQ

• 3 weeks later...