Grand Theft Auto V

Haha just found out the guy who does the voice of Michael was in Boardwalk Empire this week (he plays poker with Nucky and Rothstein if you've seen it). Danny Tamberelli does the voice of Jimmy (he was the main kid in The Magic School Bus & had a show on Nickelodeon the name of which escapes me). The rest of the cast are nobodys really, step away from the norm for Rockstar who usually love their celebrity cameos.

Got 2 missions left to do - part of me wants to cry, I haven't enjoyed a game like this in a long time. To think I was incredibly apprehensive about getting it and almost gave it a miss! To put it into perspective the only other GTA I have completed was the original... I've played all of them and grown tired of the missions or not been able to complete them (couldn't do the GTA3 final mission and got annoyed so just abandoned it) and the best compliment I can pay this game is that I haven't used a single cheat or gone on a civilian rampage yet, which is what GTA normally descends into for me. Dunno how they'll top this one!

Got 2 missions left to do - part of me wants to cry, I haven't enjoyed a game like this in a long time. To think I was incredibly apprehensive about getting it and almost gave it a miss! To put it into perspective the only other GTA I have completed was the original... I've played all of them and grown tired of the missions or not been able to complete them (couldn't do the GTA3 final mission and got annoyed so just abandoned it) and the best compliment I can pay this game is that I haven't used a single cheat or gone on a civilian rampage yet, which is what GTA normally descends into for me. Dunno how they'll top this one!

2 Left how long have you been playing it for?? Since the day of realise i was thinking it would take a good while

And i'm glad i bought this game was swaying between this and fifa but this is such a good game

Edited by paisleysaints

2 Left how long have you been playing it for?? Since the day of realise i was thinking it would take a good while

And i'm glad i bought this game was swaying between this and fifa but this is such a good game

I got it the Wednesday after release and have been playing it since with a 3-4 day period where I played mostly the new FIFA. Just finished it about an hour ago, verge of tears that it's over :(

I got it the Wednesday after release and have been playing it since with a 3-4 day period where I played mostly the new FIFA. Just finished it about an hour ago, verge of tears that it's over :(

Get online its pretty mental and (fingers crossed) Rockstar have sorted their servers

Fecking flightschool. I don't need to complete this do I. can't complete the chopper course quick enough

I did about three of the flight school missions then left it and carried on with the story. Just figure out how to land properly and you'll be fine.

If you haven't played GTA 5 online yet, that's fine, this probably still will make sense to you.

GTA 5 online is fantastic, despite being a user interface disaster. The most interesting part is the "freeroam" mode. There are plenty of non-violent ways to interact with other players in GTA 5 online freeroam, but generally the only thing everyone does is kill each other immediately on sight. You get some small amount of money for killing another player, but not enough to explain the rampant violence. People just do it because they're mostly animals. Mostly insane. Mostly Trevors.

So last night, I'm playing online and I've found a place to get helicopters pretty easy I wanted to see if someone would get in the helicopter with me so I take it and land it in front of someone. Unsurprisingly, I'm shot and killed and they take my helicopter. It's no big deal though since I can get a new helicopter pretty quick, so I do this again a few more times to the same end - acquire a helicopter, land, get shot, get helicopter stolen, repeat. After about 6 or 7 times of this happening, someone finally decides not to shoot and rob me. Instead, very timidly and cautiously, they approach the helicopter and get in with me. I take off.

I like to think of myself as more like Michael. More of the sentimental type. So I take my new friend/guest/hostage around the map with me to all the cool places I've found. I show them how to rob liquor stores super easy and escape from the cops in my helicopter. I take him to the top of a mountain, to some construction sites, to the wind turbine farm, to the amusement park, we go all over and he genuinely seems to enjoy the experiences. At each stop, he gets out and politely looks around, as if in appreciation, and then gets back in the chopper with me. No words are exchanged at all since neither of us has a microphone, but nothing needs to be said.

After about 15 minutes of this going on, I take him to the top of the tallest building in the game. He goes to the edge and looks over the city. It's sunset, and it's beautiful. He's enjoying the view. It's serene. Before I know it, I have my pistol out and pointed at the back of his head. I ask myself "am I really different than all the other animals playing online here?" And as his limp body tumbled off the roof, I chuckled to myself and thought, "no, no I'm not any different."

I wonder about what the other player must have thought as he saw his character betrayed on top of that building. I like to think it was a learning experience for both of us. I learned that really, we're all Trevors.