Grand Theft Auto V

You paid £45? I've seen it less than £30 in a few places.

I got it for Christmas so I never paid a penny, I was just quoting a random price anyway

For what its worth its now working. I tried everything I could, going into secret PS3 menus, downloading this and installing that, nothing working. Was just about to give up, took the disk out to throw it in its box and noticed a fingerprint on the disk. Gave it a wipe, put it back in, and it fucking worked :bag

People on twitter saying the only way to get rid of all the modders is a total reset because there is so many of them, wouldn't mind that tbh as I am only level 29 so it doesn't really affect me but I can see it pissing off some people who are level 80-90 etc.

People on twitter saying the only way to get rid of all the modders is a total reset because there is so many of them, wouldn't mind that tbh as I am only level 29 so it doesn't really affect me but I can see it pissing off some people who are level 80-90 etc.

A ballsy decision if they go for it, but can't say I'd be that against it to be honest. I'm at level 39 I think, and it's fair to say I've put a lot of time into it, but if it got the game back onto a more stable footing, I'd be all for it. Still, it's going to lose them a lot of players - the unbalanced ones probably, so not too bad.

A total reset would be a dreadful idea. I certainly wouldn't put the time in to regain my level and other stuff if I lost it all due to a few hacking fuds that Rockstar have failed to deal with.

^^^ very much this

I'm level 67 and I'm fucked if I'm going to put in all that donkey work again. I've been on sporadically lately and thankfully haven't seen any modders while I've been on.

I'm at level 59 and would really object to a reset. I've been playing for ages grinding up the levels and would not like to start again. I was given a billion dollars by one of the hackers , I didn't ask he just gave it, so would not mind if they balanced out the currency a bit.

Rockstar have fucked the online part of this game unfortunately. :(

Not really their fault that people want to cheat.

I'm at level 59 and would really object to a reset. I've been playing for ages grinding up the levels and would not like to start again. I was given a billion dollars by one of the hackers , I didn't ask he just gave it, so would not mind if they balanced out the currency a bit.

I certainly would! Ask America, inflation is never the answer.

A mass reset would ruin any real chance of success with the online of this game. Ignoring all the idiots who have spent real money on in game currency, it would just lead to a mass exodus. What would be the point in investing so many hours in a game if the devs are just gonna reset you cause of a handful of dick heads.

Not really their fault that people want to cheat.

I certainly would! Ask America, inflation is never the answer.

Why release a game that's clearly very exploitable? This is ignoring the very prominent teething problems it had on release and long afterwards.

Why release a game that's clearly very exploitable? This is ignoring the very prominent teething problems it had on release and long afterwards.

Because you cant really BETA test on a console game of that size and QA testing only covers so much, you need to realise that there are clever people out there who can do things like hack and mod multimillion dollar games, Call Of Duty has been dealing with it forever. By long afterwards you mean, what? Less than a month? It worked fine after a couple of weeks. The situation they were put in at launch was completely unique and not something any company could've planned for. You've seen PSN, Steam and the Nintendo eShop go down the last couple of days due to high demand and nowhere near the demand that GTAO had.

Thinking further about the cheating, most of the online game can be played fine. It's not been completely ruined. The main issue seems to be for Rockstar losing money because less folks will be buying in game money and those who have spent real money are being fucked over by the hyper inflation effect all the extra dosh in the system (not to dissimilar to quantative easing).