Grand Theft Auto V

Are you able to stop getting a wanted level whenever you enter the airport?

I usually get a wanted level but when I stole the Jet, it was just after a mission where I ended up at the airport and on my way out I popped back in and had no stars. Weird.

Edited by GingerSaint

Well, my copy of this arrived this (or yesterday, I guess) morning after much to-ing and fro-ing over whether or not to get it and I've already lost 10 hours of my life to it. Really enjoying it so far - I can't remember ever playing a game so much in one day. The driving is great, the combat is great, the graphics are in some parts absolutely astounding; there was one angle I got of Michael's driveway and house which looked just as though it was on TV. I really like how the characters all have their own individual missions and intertwine, too. I've done 20 missions so far. Trevor is absolutely hilarious although I haven't switched back to him yet to see his antics! The mini-games are really fun too - absolutely annihilated a "normal" difficulty opponent in my first tennis game 3-0 and carded a cool 7 under in my first round of golf including an eagle. I found flight school pretty tricky but after two hours of impatient grafting I managed to get all golds as Franklin. Really looking forward to getting more into it over the September weekend and then the online will be out soon after! :D

Edit: my highlight so far was

the mission where you have to rig the phone prototype then trigger it when the guy's live on TV and it blows his head off. Maybe that's just the sadist in me though!

Edited by the_bully_wee

I usually get a wanted level but when I stole the Jet, it was just after a mission where I ended up at the airport and on my way out I popped back in and had no stars. Weird.

I see. Just that I've tried 3 times to steal one of those massive passenger planes but the police blow it up after a few metres :(

Any luck yet? If not, have you turned your phone to silent? That stops the main missions I'm sure.

That's what I was thinking has happened. There's always missions either marked on the map or phoned through to you. Either that or the games got a massive bug.

Are any of you not really finding a use for Chop? I've got Franklin up in his house in Vinewood Hills and Chop just kind of hangs about.

I've read you can train him and take him on missions. Any idea how to do this?

I see. Just that I've tried 3 times to steal one of those massive passenger planes but the police blow it up after a few metres :(

Aahh, see I thought that was the case too but what was happening was I would be colliding with either the stairs or something else with the wings.

It is possible to take one of these big planes, but not straightforward. You have to reverse out, get to the end of a runway (be careful, the plane will get stuck in the grass so don't take a short cut) and then gun it down the runway. Don't pull back to quickly, if the tail drags it will cause an explosion, lift off should be obtained shortly before the end of the runway.

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

This game is an absolute joy to play. I'm under 20% through at the moment, I've a girlfriend and son to share my living room with. I think its quite a good thing to just get an hour to an hour and a half in every night. It means I'm going to be doing the main missions for a good while yet.

The wee mans away to Leicester with his Grandparents this weekend though so I fully intend to behave like an 18 year old nerd for the two days.

Are any of you not really finding a use for Chop? I've got Franklin up in his house in Vinewood Hills and Chop just kind of hangs about.

I've read you can train him and take him on missions. Any idea how to do this?

You can train him on that ifruit app. You have to target him using LT and then take him with you, if that's what you're wondering. Took me fucking ages to work that out :lol:

Aahh, see I thought that was the case too but what was happening was I would be colliding with either the stairs or something else with the wings.

It is possible to take one of these big planes, but not straightforward. You have to reverse out, get to the end of a runway (be careful, the plane will get stuck in the grass so don't take a short cut) and then gun it down the runway. Don't pull back to quickly, if the tail drags it will cause an explosion, lift off should be obtained shortly before the end of the runway.

Alright mate cheers, I'll try that when I get home. Sounds difficult right enough!