French magazine office firebombed...

Swampy

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Religion should be mocked at every available opportunity. I mean how absolutely batshit mental do you have to be buy into that shite?

Why?

I'm not religious in any way,shape or form,but if people want to believe and as long as it doesn't affect others, why should they be mocked?

Religion of all stripes is inherently irrational – it could almost be viewed as an extension of politics, where instead of the leaders convincing people through debate that their ideas are correct and then imposing them once in power, they fall back on the assertion that they’re actually not their ideas at all, but those of an invisible supernatural third party who’ll get mighty pissed off if they’re not taken on board.

It’s difficult to see though what fundamentalists like the mob in Paris hope to eventually achieve introducing their intolerance into essentially post-religious societies; they’re hardly going to convert anyone other than a handful of misfits, and sadly they’ll almost inevitably make life increasingly uncomfortable for their co-religionists living there.

Why?

I'm not religious in any way,shape or form,but if people want to believe and as long as it doesn't affect others, why should they be mocked?

but if people want to believe and as long as it doesn't affect others, why should they be mocked?

as long as it doesn't affect others, why should they be mocked?

as long as it doesn't affect others

Religion is a joke i agree but if you were to somehow turn the clock back thousands of years and make it so that there was no organised religion in the future then fast forward to present time you would still have the same degree of fanatical hatred that we see in the world today

Religion is a joke i agree but if you were to somehow turn the clock back thousands of years and make it so that there was no organised religion in the future then fast forward to present time you would still have the same degree of fanatical hatred that we see in the world today

Aye, Hitler, Stalin and Mao managed pretty well without it.

Religion should be mocked at every available opportunity. I mean how absolutely batshit mental do you have to be buy into that shite?

Why?

It does affect others, that's the point.

Does it?

Always?

if so, then please explain , how a wee 80 year old woman , going to church on a Sunday affects you ?

Does it?

Always?

if so, then please explain , how a wee 80 year old woman , going to church on a Sunday affects you ?

Cause her particular religion has probably been involved in some type of abuse or genocide.

Religion of all stripes is inherently irrational – it could almost be viewed as an extension of politics, where instead of the leaders convincing people through debate that their ideas are correct and then imposing them once in power, they fall back on the assertion that they’re actually not their ideas at all, but those of an invisible supernatural third party who’ll get mighty pissed off if they’re not taken on board.

I'm not so sure. Religion can give people clarity, peace of mind, salvation, and an excuse for not taking responsibility of their own actions. It's not inherently irrational that people look for this.

... then you'd be tied to a stick and roasted for saying that. Probably worse actually.

Probably

I would say power and money are more influential than religion when it comes to disharmony in the world and thats not really something you could go back and change its just human nature.

Religion just acts as a platform for fanatics to carry out acts of violence and hatred, some people are just fucked in the head

^^^ Has lost the argument, resorts to insults. It's the Nade way 8)

What argument?.

All you posted was that her particular religion had "probably" been involved in some type of abuse or genocide.

The fact you used the word "probably", shows how narrow minded you are and how you're prepared to tar everyone with the same brush with regards to different religions and their beliefs.

You "probably" also assume all Proddies are members of the Orange Lodge and all "Caflicks" are IRA sympathisers

Archived