Black Mirror

Al B

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A train crash in Kirkconnel :lol:

Even though it's nowhere near where the map located it.

Aye that was the most unbelievable thing....

Anyway, thought it was quality although it was grim as f**k. Was the song Beth sang the same one the lassie in the talent show episode sang?

Well that was pretty obvious.

Agreed.

I thought it was decent enough. Fucking grim though.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Jon Hamm as always was excellent. Rafe Spall was decent except found him hard to believe when he was being angry. Despite the predictability it was good. Didn't see the bit and the very end with Hamm coming though.

A bit meh for me. The graphics for being blanked were like Dr Who from the 1960's, and the idea anyone want a load of wankers looking through your eyes to help you cop off was unconvincing. The digital slave bit was better, but I think Charlie Brooker's better at Prime Ministers fucking pigs than sci fi.

It picked up as it went on but overall I think it suffered from obviously being two or three ideas melded together into something longer. Social rejects being guided by smarmy c***s is an idea in its own (hey, maybe one of the Don Drapers goes rogue and gets his slave to go rob a bank or something), blocking people is an idea in its own (albeit a flimsy one that you'd struggle to get an hour's episode out of) and then the Cookie thing is an episode on its own. They all tie together, slightly, but not really satisfyingly enough, I think. And unlike some of the previous ones which featured implausible premises and even more unlikely resolutions, some of the logic in this was just ridiculous. So, you can get someone pregnant, then they can prevent all direct contact with you, and the child? Bullshit. There's no way at all that could ever happen.

But yeah, felt like a few ideas in one, not really sure how well it was ultimately executed. Not sure it should have been a feature-length effort.

Thought it was a bit shit tbh.

Saw the police interrogation twist coming a mile away. Things like this have been done before and in a much less obvious way. Solaris original, Inception or eXistenZ.

Adding some facebook dystopian paranoia doesn't make it clever or original. Brooker is a one trick pony.

After reading this thread I was expecting it be a bit shit but I enjoyed it. It's not one of the great episodes but it was still interesting and although I suspected the interrogation stuff the child was a bit of a surprise to be honest. Looking forward to the next one.

Felt the cookie part was the strongest part of the episode, purely because it was such a disturbing concept. The rest of it didn't quite have the same technology fucking everything and leading us toward a dystopian nightmare factor which The Entire History of You from the first series nailed so well, while the twist with his daughter was extremely predictable from the moment he argued with Beth, but it was still a very good watch.

Well, I watched it this evening and I have to say that, as a one-off show on a British TV budget, I thought it was outstanding. Nothing earth-shattering in terms of twists, and Brooker doesn't vary much, but a well acted, absorbing watch all the same.

Probably cost the same as ten minutes of Downton Abbey, as well.

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Christophe said:

S3E3...fuckingHELL!

Yep. Was not expecting that with the boy, although I did wonder why he was so scared of the video spreading to all his contacts more than usual, that it might have been something more sinister than a normal everyday tam shank, and my lord it was :o

Spoiler

Episode 5 was quite disturbing also with the soldiers being programmed to think that innocent cillivians are some kind of mutants that deserve to die cause of their bloodline or some shit.. Could imagine the American government actually applying that kind of sick tactic which makes it even more scary tae think. 

Yep. Was not expecting that with the boy, although I did wonder why he was so scared of the video spreading to all his contacts more than usual, that it might have been something more sinister than a normal everyday tam shank, and my lord it was [emoji33]

What was it he was watching? I missed what his mum said and haven't had s chance to watch it back. Was it something about his sister?

Archived