Sherlock - BBC

~~~

I'll have a read over the weekend, but as the show progressed i think Adler was presented slightly inferior to Holmes - he fancied her sure, but he was clearly her intellectual superior, i;m not sure if the original story was quite so kind to Holmes, i always remebered her as the one who "beat" Sherlock, I'm not sure I would say if this episode did that

It was certainly something along those lines. He always at least respected her and found her intriguing because she beat him. I do agree to extent, however from a clutch onto straws point of view she still managed to nutrilize him and get away from him in the first place, not to mention the whole not being able to deduce her when she was in the buff. I think the latter part was what attract him to her in the place because she was something of a mystery to him, which he had never encountered before.

When I said "for the most part" probably the first hour was spot on, but Holmes get the password to the phone and the ending sequence was a bit wide off the mark. He isn't supposed to be interested in her in the sense that he has romantic feelings for her, his high regard for her is built upon her ability to outwit him. In this episode she challenged him like he has never been before, but ultimately he gained the upper hand and even saved her. While that does disservice to Adler's character, I still loved the episode overall.

Last night was good, but I agree with welshbairn, a bit underwhelming somehow. Clever casting in Russell Tovey for his role, I thought.

[Last night was good, but I agree with welshbairn, a bit underwhelming somehow. Clever casting in Russell Tovey for his role, I thought.

Aye but everytime I heard a howl I kept expecting him to turn into a werewolf

I noticed Mark Gatiss wrote Episode 2 and not Steven Moffat. Given the slightly spookier and eerier setting his style was probably best suited to the storyline. Both good writers but I think Moffat is his superior

I don't like that Holmes drives and Watson sits in the passenger seat. I'm not sure why, but driving just really isn't a "Holmes" thing, for me!

I agree with this, it should be the other way around.

I've never been keen on the "Hound" story, I feel taking Holmes out of London is a bit like doing Batman outside of Gotham - but last night was still good stuff

I don't like that Holmes drives and Watson sits in the passenger seat. I'm not sure why, but driving just really isn't a "Holmes" thing, for me!

Watsons got a gammy leg. That maybe how he wasn`t driving? Should maybe have got him a mobility car. :ph34r:

Sherlock shames everything else on TV. Outstanding stuff.

Benedict Cumberbatch really does pish all over Robert Downey Jr at this game.

TBF they are completely different characters, I don't think Downey Jnr plays Holmes badly, in fact he plays it well, just like he's been told to do.

As for the episode itself, brilliant, I may, like others, don't particularly care for Moriarty, but hopefully if Shelock comes back (it bloody should), he's dead and out of the way or future plots.

TBF they are completely different characters, I don't think Downey Jnr plays Holmes badly, in fact he plays it well, just like he's been told to do.

As for the episode itself, brilliant, I may, like others, don't particularly care for Moriarty, but hopefully if Shelock comes back (it bloody should), he's dead and out of the way or future plots.

Martin Freeman(John Watson) was on Graham Norton's show a few weeks ago and he was saying that it is very likely that there will be a 3rd series, so heres hoping :D

Anyone else really disappointed with the ending? I mean specifically the last 3 or 4 seconds.

We all know he's not dead. Really, we do. Particularly when we see the next series is starting, we'll all have worked it out. But good God, don't treat us like children. You don't have to do the big reveal straight away (I'm also looking at you, Guy Ritchie).

Conan Doyle left him "dead", I wish the television programme had too.

Other than that, magnificent. Between this and Luther, the BBC have two of the best programmes on television at the moment.

Can't see a thread for this, but new series of Sherlock is on BBC One has just finished, thought it was a brilliant episode with benedict cumberbatch doing another brilliant job.

Really looking forward to the next 2 episode

If you haven't seen it, I'd advise you to watch it on the iplayer

A good episode ruined by what is possible the worst Moriarty in any film or TV adapation of Sherlock Holmes and I even include the one from Star Trek the next generation in that statement.

Part 2 of that was one of my favourites, when they give him a virtual universe to cause havoc in at the end...