Sherlock - BBC

~~~

Anyhoo - I'm very weary of spoilers so if you've any info on upcoming episodes or plots please don't disclose them ...

Big fan of Sherlock but I have a couple of questions regarding (what we've been led to believe was) how he done it !

First off - one of Mycroft's men took care of the gunman who was to shoot Watson ... why didn't he also just take care of the other gunmen ? would have saved all the hassle of a death to fake !?

Second - No-one predicted Moriarty's suicide .. so how was the plan to work with a live Moriarty on the rooftop to see all the shenanigans ?

1. I think they did, that was the only one that you saw. Or at least I think so. Either that or he was the lead man, if he fired, the others did too, the fact he didn't make contact maybe meant that they didn't have to do anything.

2. He had predicted it, that was presumably one of the 13 scenarios. Albeit he did say he wasn't expecting it. I'd assume he had some way to deal with Moriarty, knock him out/kill him, or something along those lines. Though you are correct, if Moriarty was still alive the plan would never have worked. Either that or Mycroft had another man on another rooftop with crosshairs focussed on Moriarty, which is entirely plausible.

1. I think they did, that was the only one that you saw. Or at least I think so. Either that or he was the lead man, if he fired, the others did too, the fact he didn't make contact maybe meant that they didn't have to do anything.

2. He had predicted it, that was presumably one of the 13 scenarios. Albeit he did say he wasn't expecting it. I'd assume he had some way to deal with Moriarty, knock him out/kill him, or something along those lines. Though you are correct, if Moriarty was still alive the plan would never have worked. Either that or Mycroft had another man on another rooftop with crosshairs focussed on Moriarty, which is entirely plausible.

I thought he had more than one plan that he could have actioned depending on what happened with Moriarty. Moriarty killed himself so Sherlock sent a text saying "Lazarus" meaning that they were to action the Lazarus plan rather than any other plan they might have had.

Although typing this out I think I'm getting mixed up about all the explanations that it showed you.

A nice touch, Cumberbatch's real parents playing the parents of Sherlock.

Haha, didn't know that. Loved that wee scene.

On another note, and since I don't know how to use spoiler tags, I'll just say: not sure I really understood the very last shot.

Liked the episode, but I'm kind of nostalgic for the first series :)

Just watched it - very good.

Sometimes Sherlock loses me as its overly complex and a bit up its own arse but that episode with the wedding was excellent.

Edit - the bridesmaid wid definitely get it.

Edited by pandarilla

Too much emphasis on the Holmes Watson relationship and not enough on the crime so far in this series. Yeah, we know they are BBF. Now go piss off the polis. FFS.

I know what you mean but the whole stag do thing was brilliant :-)

Holmes and Watson drunk was one of the funniest things I have seen for a long time :)

This. Thoroughly enjoyed that. When Sherlock's speech got a bit emotional I was welling up with Una Stubbs.

:wacko:

Lots of talk about the show 'jumping the shark', and that it has become overly sentimental and self-indulgent. This series has focused more on Watson and Sherlock's relationship than actual plot. Although I'll admit I've enjoyed this series, it'd be good if they got back to an actual storyline.

Felt last night was particularly Doctor Who-ish aswell. Even my mum (who doesn't watch the show) said that it was basically Doctor Who but with a different cast.

I really like the series so far, except the title of the last one.

The sign of 4 is the best Conan Doyle story by quite a margin imo and it had absolutely nowt to do with Sundays 'sign of three' barring a cameo from a blowpipe weilding dwarf.

Haha, didn't know that. Loved that wee scene.

On another note, and since I don't know how to use spoiler tags, I'll just say: not sure I really understood the very last shot.

Liked the episode, but I'm kind of nostalgic for the first series :)

I don't know spoiler tags either so all I'll say about the last shot of the first episode this series is I thought I recognised the guy from series 1.

The sign of 4 is the best Conan Doyle story by quite a margin imo and it had absolutely nowt to do with Sundays 'sign of three' barring a cameo from a blowpipe weilding dwarf.

The character Sholto was also in The Sign of Four,

Seemingly one of the telegrams Holmes read out was from a Cam and had very sinister overtones. Can't say I picked up on it myself.

I really like the series so far, except the title of the last one.

Sign of four is where Watson meets and proposes to Mary.

How do people not understand that this is a "based on" series and not faithful recreations? The Conan Doyle tales have been told and retold dozens of times, if the purists want word for word reenactment they should watch one of the versions that actually does that.