"comedians" Who Aren't Funny!

LiviClyde

She's come straight in at Number One on my list after Friday Night.

Totally abysmal - I can only hope they don't show that down South!

528334[/snapback]

I watched it a couple weeks back and cringed. It was dire.

Oh and Winston I agree whole heartidly about Jimmy Carr.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE(StewartyMac @ Apr 1 2005, 22:11)

That Geordie qunt who's always on Buzzcocks, no idea of his name.

Ross Noble

Don't think he means Ross Noble. Do you mean the guy with grey hair? Haven't seen him on anything for a while.

My five (I'll try and leave out those were funny once but not now)-

1. Dave Spikey

2. Richard (the British Will Smith) Blackwood (is he classed as a comedian or just a p**ck?)

3. Rory Bremner

4. Graham Norton (Absolutely hilarious in Father Ted though)

5. The grey haired guy who was in a couple of episodes of Father Ted as the really depressing priest who doesn't say much (think he got hit by lightning), s***e stan-up.

This will no doubt be met with a chorus of disapproval but The Office and the recent Ricky Gervais stand up stuff are quite possibly THE most unfunny shows I have ever had the misfortune of witnessing.

Common denominator - Ricky Gervais. He is so painfully shite it is unbelievable.

I would say

1 - Ricky Gervais

2 - Jimmy Carr

3 - That baldy scottish poof that wears the kilt, cannae mind his name. Craig something i think.

4 - Steve Coogan - im sure he trys his best NOT to be funny.

5 - Any woman comedian, Dawn French, Victoria Wood, Elaine c Smith, Jo Brand etc etc - there all pish.

Oh aye and Phil Jupitus. fat w##k.

By the buy i think Harry Hill is hilarious and probably not a comedian as such but Matt Lucas's stuff is excellent fare.

The unfunniest person ever Dorothy Paul. Truly terrible.

563195[/snapback]

Agreed also Baddiel and Skinner and Jimmy Carr

I although I think reeves and mortimer are fantastic! Whats at the end of the stick, Vic?

Scott Capuro

Craig Hill

Julian Clary

Graham Norton

Again, not a homophobic, but jokes about men sh**gging and going shopping for shoes just aint funny to a straight guy.

Just one that is doing my nut in now.

Andy Dick, american guy. Has a show on MTV called "the assistant". Supposed to be a funny take on the apprentice but I haven't laughed once.

Also the chappelle show on MTV. Only so many times is his "the black guy done bad" joke remotely funny.

Andy Dick, american guy. Has a show on MTV called "the assistant". Supposed to be a funny take on the apprentice but I haven't laughed once.

588301[/snapback]

Andy Dick, he was in Zoolander. I have no idea what he looks like but he was made up to look like one fricking ugly woman in Zoolander. Will Ferrell got the part that was written for him apparently and he's hilarious in it (Does the campest run you'll ever see).

QUOTE(StewartyMac @ Apr 1 2005, 22:11)

That Geordie qunt who's always on Buzzcocks, no idea of his name.

Ross Noble 

Don't think he means Ross Noble. Do you mean the guy with grey hair? Haven't seen him on anything for a while.

Is that the guy who's on that latest 'satirical' panel game, with Jimmy Carr as the presenter? No, I never meant him

I was talking about some wee naff, bald guy. He's been on Buzzcocks loads of times. Might well be this Noble guy, I really don't know.

In no particular order

Jim Davidson (how did this man have a career as an entertainer?)

Stan Boardman (scouse gobshite, see above)

All connected with Bo Selecta (sorry, the whole concept passed me by)

Ali G (about as funny as cancer)

Harry Hill (big collar? how amusing)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if you'd class him as a comedian (he certainly thinks he is), but CHRIS MOYLES really grinds my gears.

I also think Bill Hicks is overrated, same with Eddie Izzard. I loathe Lenny Henry (just 'cos you help with Comic Relief doesn't mean you're funny) and surely Julian Clary has overused his one solitary 'joke' a little? We get it, you're gay!

Harry Hill is superb by the way, but I suppose it's a matter of taste.

I think Eddie Izzard is drastically overrated. If you see his shows, the amount of filler he puts in just to take up time is disgraceful. People are shelling out to go see him these days and all he does is "um, ar, its quite good, but grapes - doesnt the grape remind you of *insert irrelevant historical reference here* ha ha".

I fucking hate him.

others include

Harry Hill

Elaine C Smith, Dorothy Paul and any other gin soaked bints that think the simple recount of your childhood is hilarious. It might be hilarious now they all live in the west end and speak in drawling sentences that each last about ten fucking minutes and usually contain the words "bohemian, rustic, fabulous". Harradins :angry: Anyone that thinks that simply being scottish is liscense to tout yourself as a hilarious character should be fucking deported. That includes that p***k Dominic Diamond as well.

Little Britain also can get to f**k. If I hear one more person reciting even a snippet of one of their tired out catchphrases, or even worse a long winded transciption of one of their sketches ending with their own account of how "hilarious" they are, I'll poke them in the eye.

Vernon Kay and his professional northerner routine...Jo Brand rattling on about how devastating her periods are...Graham Norton and his promenade style innuendo...Bruce fucking Forsyth - for Christ's sake just nail the lid on him...Neil Morrisey...Chris Rock...Lenny Henry. Nothing infuriates me like bad comedy.

Archived