Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It's because I can read.

Rangers fan quoting a Celtic fan's post from a Thistle v Celtic match thread?

All sorts of obsessed going on with you!!!

ETA: You quoted Romeo?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by dave.j

Anyway is anyone actually going to discuss the bdo being given the right to appeal ?

Why? Are yous back to caring about it again?

"the bdo"? Have they been liquidated as well?

It is so typical of The Ps&Ds to dismiss the notion of discussing the thread's raison d'être.  I have no doubt, though, that had the appeal been denied at the CoS then the same diddies would've been all over it like a rash.

In the BBC report: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35753304Lord Carloway said, "The court is of the of the view that there is an arguable point in law of public interest which should allow the appeal to the UK Supreme Court to proceed."

I think this is legal speak for, "OK we dropped a bollock last time, so we'll let the big boys sort out the mess".

Guest Flash

It is so typical of The Ps&Ds to dismiss the notion of discussing the thread's raison d'être.  I have no doubt, though, that had the appeal been denied at the CoS then the same diddies would've been all over it like a rash.

In the BBC report: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35753304Lord Carloway said, "The court is of the of the view that there is an arguable point in law of public interest which should allow the appeal to the UK Supreme Court to proceed."

I think this is legal speak for, "OK we dropped a bollock last time, so we'll let the big boys sort out the mess".

I think that is probably right enough. But the public interest part is probably because there are other cases awaiting the outcome of this one.

There is a fair chance that the oldco will succeed in the Supreme Court.

I think that is probably right enough. But the public interest part is probably because there are other cases awaiting the outcome of this one.

There is a fair chance that the oldco will succeed in the Supreme Court.

I think the opposite!

It's heading for the supreme court so that it can be set in stone that sneaky, cheating, law-breaking tramps wont be able to avoid tax by paying wages as loans.

After all, it's only common sense.

Flasher, I'm pretty sure you're right - Oldco will win if for no other reason than The CoS's judgement was based on how they'd have liked the tax law to be rather than how it is.  I'd stake one of our titles on HMRC losing this.  I'd like choose the title we share with Dumbarton as the one I'd wager with.

In practical terms it makes no difference to us, of course, but it would be nice to have this aspect of the whole farrago wrapped up in our favour.

Flasher, I'm pretty sure you're right - Oldco will win if for no other reason than The CoS's judgement was based on how they'd have liked the tax law to be rather than how it is.  I'd stake one of our titles on HMRC losing this.  I'd like choose the title we share with Dumbarton as the one I'd wager with.

In practical terms it makes no difference to us, of course, but it would be nice to have this aspect of the whole farrago wrapped up in our favour.

In a way I suppose you are right about that, regardless of the supreme court decision, rangers will still have cheated.

Because the team you now support is a completely different clumpany than the one that died?

In a way I suppose you are right about that, regardless of the supreme court decision, rangers will still have cheated.

... and subsequently died.

Because the team you now support is a completely different clumpany than the one that died?

Ivan Pavlov would have loved The Big Thread!

I know it's been raised previously, but did anyone ever get to the bottom of why Partick Thistle fans are such an angry bunch?

There's a guy on here who is a Partick Thistle fan AND a Lib Dem.

He must be fucking giddy being so high up on that moral high ground.

Can you think of two other more mundane things to devote your life to?

What if you win the bet, does that give us enough title to have one each, rather than sharing?  ;)

It's a bet I can only lose, Boggy but, if HMRC does finally win TBTC then I'll regard us as only having won 53 titles - assuming we don't win what some call The SPL between now and when the case is finally decided.

Anyway, I was simply trying to get us talking about the thread's focus.

It's clearly plain English for "This judgement has serious implications and ramifications that will go far beyond this particular case, so it's best for everyone if the Supreme Court tests the arguments and delivers a definitive verdict". 

I suspect that the Supreme Court may agree, given that HMRC has been pretty up-front about using Deceased Rangers as a test-case, to set a legal precedent for use in pursuing some of the UK's more brazen tax-dodging cons.

It's clearly plain English for "This judgement has serious implications and ramifications that will go far beyond this particular case, so it's best for everyone if the Supreme Court tests the arguments and delivers a definitive verdict". 

I suspect that the Supreme Court may agree, given that HMRC has been pretty up-front about using Deceased Rangers as a test-case, to set a legal precedent for use in pursuing some of the UK's more brazen tax-dodging cons.

Dreary fucking me.  Rhatbhoy in trope shocker.

This is nothing about a "brazen tax-dodging con" whatever you and yer wee plastic pals care to think.  The whole issue is about the amount of tax due.